Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 07/10/2012 -- GBI Research's new report, "Emerging Pharmaceutical Market in Indonesia and Philippines - 100% Foreign Direct Investment in Indonesia and Extensive Insurance Coverage in the Philippines Attract Foreign Pharma Companies", provides an in-depth analysis of trends, issues and challenges in the pharmaceutical market in Indonesia and in the Philippines. The report analyzes the overall pharma market structure in these countries, provides competitive benchmarking for the leading companies, and analyzes the M&A and strategic partnerships that shape the Indonesian and Filipino pharmaceutical market. This report is built using data and information sourced from proprietary databases, primary and secondary research and in-house analysis by GBI Research's team of industry experts.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
The Indonesian pharmaceutical industry exhibited high growth after the government announced a plan to allow 100% foreign ownership of drug firms to increase overseas investment in the sector and thereby raise the volume and quality of local production. The Philippines' pharmaceutical industry on the other hand witnessed slow growth due to a drug pricing law implemented by the government. The Indonesian pharmaceutical industry has noticeably changed since the approval of the Universally Accessible Cheaper and Quality Medicines Act that includes the Maximum Drug Retail Price (MDRP) scheme. MDRP called for a 50% price reduction for more than 100 drugs.
Indonesia and the Philippines recently joined the ranks of the top 20 most populated countries in the world, meaning they offer huge patient populations. There has been a rise in the incidence of chronic diseases like diabetes, obesity, and cardiovascular disease. Emerging markets such as Indonesia must address the population's rising demand for healthcare and significant unmet medical needs.
The Philippines' CRO market is gaining attention globally due to its favorable regulatory environment and huge patient base offered by the country's large population. However, the Indonesian CRO market is not as favorable for drugs registration procedures, which currently take 300 days after submission to the Indonesian Food and Drug Monitoring Agency (BPOM). Indonesia and the Philippines currently account for a tiny share of the global CMO market but are set to capitalize on increasing outsourcing opportunities from western countries.
- Overall pharma market structure in Indonesia and the Philippines
- Indonesia and the Philippines' pharmaceutical market characterizations, including market size, major regulatory bodies, pricing and reimbursement issues, major distribution channel and intellectual property rights
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Pharmaceuticals research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Emerging Pharmaceutical Market in India - Strategic Partnerships Between Domestic and International Pharmaceutical Players are the Driving Force
- Emerging Pharmaceutical Market - Czech Republic - Planned Healthcare Reform Plans Forecast to Slow Growth Rates
- Biological Strategies in the Emerging Markets - BRIC Countries Will Underpin Future Pharma Growth
- Emerging Market for Clinical Trials in Russia - Curbs on New Drug Approval Timelines and Registration Fees Encourage the Emergence of a Major Global Player
- Healthcare, Regulatory and Reimbursement Landscape - Spain
- Global Pharmaceutical Survey 2012-2013: Market Trends, Marketing Spend and Sales Strategies in the Global Pharmaceutical Industry
- Licensing Strategies of Large Pharmaceutical Companies - Weak R&D Pipelines and the Patent Cliff Stimulate In-Licensing Activity
- Emerging Pharmaceutical Market in China - Forecast to Become The World's Third-Largest Pharmaceutical Market By 2013
- Pharmaceutical Pricing and Reimbursement in China - Series of Mandated Price Cuts Not Effective in Stemming Healthcare Expenditures
- Global Pharmaceutical Survey 2012-2013: Market Trends, Buyer Spend and Procurement Strategies in the Global Pharmaceutical Industry