Fast Market Research recommends "Games Software in the United Kingdom" from MarketLine, now available
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 08/05/2014 -- Games Software in the United Kingdom industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market. Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the United Kingdom games software market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The games software market consists of the total revenues generated through the sale of console games and PC & Mac games. Console games includes the software used in games consoles hardware such as the Nintendo Wii, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. This also includes the software that is used in wireless or portable handheld devices such as the Nintendo DS, mobile and personal digital assistants (pdas), PlayStation Portable and Game Boy Advance. This category excludes the revenue generated through the sales of games consoles and handheld devices. The PC and Mac games includes PC games and Mac games and excludes online games such as casual games, massively multi player online role play games (mmorg). The market is valued at retail selling price (RSP) with any currency conversions calculated using constant 2013 annual average exchange rates.
- The UK games software market had total revenues of $3.6bn in 2013, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 7.1% between 2009 and 2013.
- The console games segment was the market's most lucrative in 2013, with total revenues of $2.6bn, equivalent to 72.7% of the market's overall value.
- The performance of the market is forecast to decline, with an anticipated compound annual rate of change (CARC) of -1.3% for the five-year period 2013 - 2018, which is expected to drive the market to a value of $3.4bn by the end of 2018.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the games software market in the United Kingdom
Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the games software market in the United Kingdom
Leading company profiles reveal details of key games software market players' global operations and financial performance
Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the United Kingdom games software market with five year forecasts
Macroeconomic indicators provide insight into general trends within the United Kingdom economy
Key Questions Answered:
What was the size of the United Kingdom games software market by value in 2013?
What will be the size of the United Kingdom games software market in 2018?
What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the United Kingdom games software market?
How has the market performed over the last five years?
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 800-844-8156
Browse all Software research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Games Software in the United States
- Software in the United Kingdom
- Games Software Retailing in the United Kingdom: Market Snapshot to 2017
- Toys and Games in the United Kingdom
- Music, Video and Entertainment Software Retailing in the United Kingdom: Databook to 2017
- Toys & Games in the United Kingdom
- Video Games in the United Kingdom
- Medical Device Market in United Kingdom to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Construction and Mining Machinery Market in United Kingdom to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Games Software Retailing in the United States: Market Snapshot to 2017