New Pharmaceuticals market report from GBI Research: "Generic Growth Strategies - Market Driven by Impending Patent Cliff, Declining R&D Productivity and Government Initiatives to Reduce Healthcare Costs"
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 01/14/2013 -- GBI Research, the leading business intelligence provider, has released its latest research, "Generic Growth Strategies - Market Driven by Impending Patent Cliff, Declining R&D Productivity and Government Initiatives to Reduce Healthcare Costs". The report provides a comprehensive overview of the generic drugs market in the US, the top five countries in the European Union (EU, covering the UK, France, Germany, Spain and Italy) and Japan. The report focuses on the detailed analysis of major strategies implemented by the top 10 generic companies in the generic drugs market along with company portfolios and strategic analysis. The report gives detail on the current landscape and changes that have structured the generic drugs market. The report also contains an impact analysis of the regulatory landscape in the major geographies pertaining to the generic drugs market. The report also provides in-depth analysis of the unmet needs, drivers and barriers that affect the global generics market.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
The report is built using data and information sourced from proprietary databases, primary and secondary research and in-house analysis by GBI Research's team of industry experts.
The global generics market generated revenues of approximately $162 billion with a growth of 9.3% in 2011, representing about 19% of generic market share in the international pharmaceutical market. The generic pharmaceutical industry is significantly fragmented; the top 10 pharmaceutical companies accounted for 26% of global generics sales by value in 2011. The US has very high levels of generic utilization, with nearly 80% of prescriptions dispensed being generics.
The pharmaceutical industry will experience major patent expiries during 2013-2020, of which 2014 to 2017 are expected to be peak years, with the loss of patents for drugs whose sales were worth more than $76 billion during 2011. By 2015, branded products with sales of up to $135 billion will go off-patent, giving generic pharmaceutical companies immense opportunities to capitalize on the market. Along with generic drugs, pharmaceutical companies will also have the opportunity to develop biosimilars, as biologics with 2011 sales of approximately $64 billion will go off-patent over the next five years.
- Detailed study of generic growth strategies with special emphasis on strategies which help in combating intensive competition.
- Analysis of the major strategies adopted by companies looking to expand geographical reach.
- Analysis of the generic pharmaceutical market in the leading geographies of the world, which includes the US, the UK, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and Japan.
- Key drivers and barriers that have a significant impact on the market.
- Competitive benchmarking of leading companies. Key companies studied in this report are Teva, Sandoz, Mylan, Watson, Actavis, Hospira, Sanofi, Daiichi Sankyo, Aspen and STADA.
Companies Mentioned in this Report: Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Limited, Sandoz, Mylan, Watson, Actavis, Hospira, Sanofi, Daiichi Sankyo, Aspen, STADA
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Pharmaceuticals research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Innovative R&D Strategies and Models - Outsourcing, Strategic Partnerships and Licensing to Improve Productivity and Contain Costs
- The World Generic Market Report 2012
- Pharmaceutical Key Trends 2011 - Healthcare System and Drug Regulatory Overview: Cost-containment and regulatory pressures intensify
- Generic Defense Strategies
- Pharmaceutical Diversification Trends 2012
- Healthcare, Regulatory and Reimbursement Landscape - US
- Pharmaceutical Key Trends 2011 Overview - Key strategic trends in the pharmaceutical industry
- Pharmaceutical Key Trends 2011 - Generics Market Overview: Patent cliff set to drive global generic uptake despite tougher market conditions
- Healthcare, Regulatory and Reimbursement Landscape - France
- Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (API) Market in the Americas to 2017 - Shift Towards Generics and Biosimilars as South and Central America Emerges as a Key Growth Region