Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 06/20/2012 -- Global Endoscopy Market By Product, Application & Technology (2011 - 2016) (Rigid/Flexible Endoscopes, Visualization Systems, Fluid Management Systems, Endoscopic Ultrasounds, Accessories, Gastrointestinal Laparoscopy, Arthroscopy, Narrow Band Imaging, Capsule Endoscopy, Robotic Endoscopes and Others) Competitive Landscape, Value-Volume Analysis and Global Trends
Endoscopy devices are one of the pivotal devices that provide clinical solutions to the demands of fast-paced world by allowing close examination of internal organs and body structures. Unlike other medical imaging devices like X-rays, a tube-like instrument called endoscope is inserted directly inside the organ which provides comprehensive details of the organs under study. Ageing population, increased awareness & acceptance of endoscopic techniques, increase in the no. of endoscopic procedures as well as advancements in endoscopic technologies are the major drivers for the market whereas dearth of trained surgeons, high cost of endoscopic equipments pose as a major deterrent for the growth of the market. The market is dominated by global players like Olympus, Karl Storz GmbH & Co., Pentax Medical Co., Richard Wolf GmbH, Smith & Nephew, Stryker Corporation, Johnson & Johnson- Ethicon Endo Surgery (EES) among others.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Global endoscopy market is broadly segmented into the following product categories; rigid endoscopes, flexible endoscopes, endoscopy visualization systems, endoscopic ultrasounds, endoscopy fluid management systems and endoscope accessories. Introduction of new, but expensive technologies such as HD cameras, 3DHD systems, HDTV three-chip systems, Narrow Band Imaging, Capsule Endoscopy, Natural Orifice Transluminal Endoscopic Surgery (NOTES), Picture Archiving and Communication Systems (PACS), Mucosal Ablation Therapy, Robotic Endoscopes, etc. are expected to drive the global endoscopy market for the coming five years.
Flexible endoscopes and endoscopy visualization systems are two prominent product segments which are currently driving the global endoscopy market. For the coming five years, endoscope accessories, flexible endoscopes and endoscopy visualization systems will witness a growth rate of 15.2%, 10% & 10% respectively while demand for rigid endoscope will remain steady and will register a growth rate of 3.5%. Endoscopy visualization systems will witness an upsurge in demand due to introduction of 3DHD systems, HD cameras and with increased adoption of HDTV three-chip systems by the hospitals. Endoscopic accessories product segment will continue to register strong growth due to incessant launch of new endoscopic accessories. The reusable accessories market is also slated to rebound from its decline as more physicians discontinue purchasing disposables accessories and renew purchases of reusable accessories.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Medical Devices research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Ablation Technologies Market (2011 - 2016) - Global Trends & Competitive Analysis
- Life Science & Chemical Instrumentation Market (2011-2016) Global Trends, End User & Competitive Analysis
- In Vitro Diagnostics Market to 2018 - Consolidation, Decentralization and Demand for Genetic Testing to Shape the Competitive Landscape
- Interventional Cardiology Devices - Global Pipeline Analysis, Competitive Landscape and Market Forecasts to 2017
- Ophthalmic Diagnostic Equipment - Global Pipeline Analysis, Competitive Landscape and Market Forecasts to 2017
- Gastrointestinal Endoscopes - Global Pipeline Analysis, Competitive Landscape and Market Forecasts to 2017
- Electrophysiology Devices - Global Pipeline Analysis, Competitive Landscape and Market Forecasts to 2017
- Spinal Fusion - Global Pipeline Analysis, Competitive Landscape and Market Forecasts to 2017
- Ultrasound Systems - Global Pipeline Analysis, Opportunity Assessment and Market Forecasts to 2016
- Point-of-Care Diagnostics - Global Pipeline Analysis, Competitive Landscape and Market Forecasts to 2018