Recently published research from Markets and Markets, "Global Polyols Market by Product Type, Applications & Geography - Forecasts up to 2017", is now available at Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 09/21/2012 -- A polyol is an alcohol containing multiple hydroxyl groups. These can be classified as a polyether polyols and polyester polyols. Polyether polyols are manufactured by ethoxylation or propoxylation of a polyhydric alcohol in the presence of a catalyst. Polyether polyols are produced by anionic ring opening addition polymerization of ethylene oxide or propylene oxide. The evolution of the polyols industry, its expansion to new applications, and its success in matching new challenging market, and sustainability requirements is strongly related to the continuous development of polyol chemistry.
This study estimates the global market of polyols by the end of 2017. Asia-Pacific and Europe are largest manufacturer and consumer of polyols. Asia-Pacific is the fastest growing region for the polyols market both in terms of production and consumption. North America, Western Europe, and Japan mature markets are expected to advance with slower pace.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
This market research study provides detailed qualitative and quantitative analysis of the global polyols market. The report provides a comprehensive review of major market drivers, restraints, opportunities, winning imperatives, challenges, and key issues in the market. The market is further segmented and forecasted for major geographic regions, Americas, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest of the World that include key growth regions such as China and India. Major countries with the market volumes and revenues are covered for each of the region. Competitive scenario and market share of the top players in the market has been discussed in detail. The top players of the industry are profiled in detail with their recent developments and other strategic industry activities.
Market has also been segmented on the basis of product types where major product types such as polyether polyols and polyester polyols have been discussed in detail and a comprehensive view and forecast is provided for each category with the market volumes and revenues. Market has been further segmented on the basis of applications. The major applications for polyols include flexible polyurethane foams, rigid polyurethane foam, and CASE (coatings, adhesives, sealants and elastomers) have been discussed in detail in the report. Market share for major market participants has been described in detail for polyols. The global existing production capacities of the top suppliers have been provided in detail in the report.
We have used various secondary sources such as encyclopedia, directories, and databases to identify and collect information useful for this extensive commercial study of polyols. The primary sources -experts from related industries and suppliers have been interviewed to obtain and verify critical information as well as to assess the future prospects of engineering plastics.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Materials research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Global Engineering Plastics Market Analysis By Product Types, Applications & Geography - Trends & Forecasts (2012 - 2017)
- Flame Retardant Chemicals Market by Type, Application & Geography - Market Estimates up to 2017
- Global Adhesives & Sealants Market by Type, Applications, Trends, & Forecasts (2011 - 2016)
- Global Electro-active Polymers Market Trends, Applications & Forecasts (2012 - 2017)
- Global Concrete Admixtures Market - By Product Types & Geography - Market Estimates up to 2017
- Global MDI, TDI and Polyurethane Market by Type, Applications, Prices, Regulations Trends & Forecasts 2011-2016
- Aerogel Market by Form and Application - Global Trends and Forecasts to 2017
- Global Fluoropolymers Market Analysis by Product Types, Applications, & Geography - Trends & Forecasts (2011 - 2016)
- Global Biopesticides Market Trends & Forecasts (2012 - 2017)
- Polymethyl Methacrylate (PMMA) Market - Global Trends & Forecasts (2012 - 2017)