New Food research report from Business Monitor International is now available from Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 11/28/2014 -- We believe that deflation has further to run in Greece and now expect a return to positive inflation to occur in 2016, from 2015 previously. This will be underpinned by weak domestic demand, a fractured credit transmission channel, relatively restrictive monetary policy (despite recent efforts by the European Central Bank to provide monetary stimulus) and the lingering strength of the euro. Moreover, we warn that prolonged deflation poses a risk to economic growth and debt sustainability.
Headline Industry Data (local currency)
- 2014 per capita food consumption = -0.1%; forecast compound annual growth rate (CAGR) 2013-2018 = +1%.
- 2014 alcoholic drink value sales = -1.6%; forecast CAGR 2013-2018 = +0.1%.
- 2014 soft drink value sales = -0.2%; forecast CAGR 2013-2018 = +1.1%.
- 2014 mass grocery retail sales = +0.1%; forecast CAGR 2013-2018 = +0.8%.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Key Company Trends
Companies Remain Committed To Greece Despite Outlook: Given the gloomy economic and consumer outlook for Greece, companies are likely to increase their focus on cost-reduction strategies. The question remains of how far they are prepared to go, as the political situation remains electrified. Nevertheless, some companies remain committed to the country. For example, in March 2013 the Greek division of Switzerland-based food and drink company Nestl? dismissed news reports that it has asked the Greek government to make it easier to fire employees, reports Greek Reporter. Instead, the company reportedly has plans to invest around EUR8mn (USD10.4mn) into modernising its factories and developing new products.
The Greece Food & Drink Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s market assessment and independent forecasts for food and drink expenditure, consumption, sales, and imports/exports and forecasts for the mass grocery retail sector. The report also includes analyses of major regulatory developments, the background macroeconomic outlook and competitive landscape comparing national and multinational companies by leading products and services, sales, investments, partners and expansion strategies.
BMI's Greece Food & Drink Report provides industry professionals and strategists, sector analysts, business investors, trade associations and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the food and drink industry and the mass grocery retail market in Greece.
- Benchmark BMI's independent food and drink industry forecasts for Greece to test other views - a key input for successful budgeting and strategic business planning in the Greek food and drink market.
- Target business opportunities and risks in Greece through our reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes and major deals, projects and investments.
- Exploit latest competitive intelligence on your competitors, partners and clients via our Company Profiles (inc. SWOTs, KPIs and latest activity) and Competitive Landscape Tables.
BMI Industry View
Summary of BMI's key industry forecasts, and views, covering food and drink manufacturing and consumption and the retail market.
Business Environment Rankings
- BMI's Food & Drink Business Environment Rankings provide a country-comparative Risk-Reward Rankings index aimed at investors, food and drink manufacturers and mass grocery retailers.
- The rankings methodology makes sophisticated use of over 40 industry, economic and demographic data points.
Industry SWOT Analysis
Analysis of the major Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats within the food, drink and mass grocery retail sectors, and within the broader political, economic and business environment.
BMI's food chapter is divided into sections such as Meat, Fish, Confectionary, Dairy and Canned Foods, and provides insight into a market's food industry, centred on a forecast to end-2018 for the sector. The chapter includes the following elements:
Industry Forecast Scenario - Historical data series and forecasts to end-2018 for growth of key indicators within a market's food industry. Including consumption, food consumption as % of GDP, canned food sales, confectionery sales and food and drink imports and exports, among others.
Industry Developments - A summary of corporate developments, including news on M&As, FDI, expansions, closures and financial results, in addition to analysis and explanation of the latest industry events and how these could influence further investment.
Market Overview - An overview of the structure of the market, introducing the key players and discussing underlying trends.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Food research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Croatia Food & Drink Report Q1 2015
- Malaysia Food & Drink Report Q1 2015
- Bulgaria Food & Drink Report Q1 2015
- Caribbean Food & Drink Report Q1 2015
- Czech Republic Food & Drink Report Q1 2015
- Indonesia Agribusiness Report Q1 2015
- Saudi Arabia Agribusiness Report Q1 2015
- Qatar Food & Drink Report Q4 2014
- Pakistan Agribusiness Report Q1 2015
- Russia Agribusiness Report Q1 2015