Recently published research from Euromonitor International, "Health and Beauty Specialist Retailers in Colombia", is now available at Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 01/21/2015 -- Over the review period, the competition within health and beauty retailers, in particular in chemists and parapharmacies intensified, and also faced additional pressures like the increasing presence of generic medicines, and the changes to the mandatory health plan that obliges to improve access to more medicines, as well as legislation aimed to regulate selling prices, have contributed to narrowing margins of chemists, more than of parapharmacies, as the former have an offer more concentrated on medicines. However, most players have adopted a strategy of widening the offer with more beauty and personal care products, stationery, and other services, and to create stronger networks by making alliances between small players that allow them to obtain more advantageous prices, as they improve their negotiating power.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Copidrogas from Cooperativa de Peque?os Droguistas Ltda remained as the top brand with 14% value share and a network of 5,200 chemists across the country. The strength of the company is supported in the negotiation power that the cooperative has in front of pharmaceutical laboratories, which allows competitive advantages that are transferred to its affiliates. In 2014, the company began a process of unification of the name under Farmacenter, as formerly the affiliates used the Copidrogas name and logo along with the name of the store. The change is aimed to project a more modern concept to its customers and gain greater visibility. For 2014, Copidrogas increased by 9% in current value sales.
Over the forecast period, health and beauty specialist retailers is expected to witness a CAGR of 2% in new outlets and a 3% value CAGR at constant 2014 prices. This growth will likely be generated mainly by chained drugstores/parapharmacies which plan to continue expanding in the country and other healthcare specialist retailers, mostly naturalist stores, and both are predicted to record an average yearly value increase of 5% and 6% respectively at constant 2014 prices.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Health and Beauty Specialist Retailers industry in Colombia with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Health and Beauty Specialist Retailers industry in Colombia, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Health and Beauty Specialist Retailers in Colombia market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed market shares for international and locally-based retailers
- Historic number of stores, selling space and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- How big is the Health and Beauty Specialist Retailers channel in Colombia?
- Who are the leading retailers in Colombia?
- How is consumers? desire to look good and stay health driving sales for health and beauty specialists?
- How are health and beauty specialists? product mixes being adapted to consumers? changing shopping patterns?
Reasons to Get this Report
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 800-844-8156
Browse all Retailing research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Retailing in Colombia
- Health and Beauty Specialist Retailers in the Czech Republic
- Health and Beauty Specialist Retailers in Russia
- Health and Beauty Specialist Retailers in the United Kingdom
- Retailing in the Czech Republic