Fast Market Research recommends "Health and Beauty Specialist Retailers in South Africa" from Euromonitor International, now available
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 06/20/2014 -- Health and beauty specialist retailers performed well in 2013. This channel enjoyed rising consumer demand thanks to the growing urban population in South Africa. Value sales of health and beauty specialist retailers were boosted by the middle- to high-income population. These groups were more willing to spend money on self-medication thanks to the growing trends of appearance and wellbeing. As a result, health and beauty specialist retailers enjoyed value growth in 2013.
Overall, the competitive landscape in health and beauty specialist retailers is dominated by domestic players in South Africa. Clicks Group led with a value share of 28% in 2013. This company enjoys strong brand loyalty and recognition thanks to its long presence in the South African market. Dis-Chem Pharmacies was ranked second in 2013. Its pricing strategy is to sell cheaper products than Clicks. Dis-Chem reached a value share of 3% within health and beauty specialist retailers in 2013.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Overall health and beauty specialist retailers is predicted to post a value CAGR of 5% at constant 2013 prices over the forecast period. This value growth is expected to be driven by the growing presence of parapharmacies/drugstores, thanks to offering more affordable retail prices. This should negatively impact the performance of chemists/pharmacies, in which prices are expected to increase. As a result, parapharmacies/drugstores should widely account for the overall value growth in health and beauty specialist retailers.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Health and Beauty Specialist Retailers industry in South Africa with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Health and Beauty Specialist Retailers industry in South Africa, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Health and Beauty Specialist Retailers in South Africa market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed market shares for international and locally-based retailers
- Historic number of stores, selling space and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- How big is the Health and Beauty Specialist Retailers channel in South Africa?
- Who are the leading retailers in South Africa?
- How is consumers' desire to look good and stay health driving sales for health and beauty specialists?
- How are health and beauty specialists' product mixes being adapted to consumers' changing shopping patterns?
Reasons to Get this Report
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Retailing research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- The Future of Retailing in South Africa to 2017
- Retailing in South Africa
- Specialist Retailers in South Africa: Databook to 2017
- Retailing in South Korea
- Health and Beauty Specialist Retailers in South Korea
- Drug Stores and Health and Beauty Stores in South Africa: Market Snapshot to 2017
- The Future of Retailing in Middle East and Africa to 2017
- The Future of Retailing in South Korea to 2017
- Retailing in New Zealand
- Retailing in the Czech Republic