New Food research report from Business Monitor International is now available from Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 07/03/2014 -- Private consumption is set to remain the primary driver of Kazakh economic growth, and this will have positive implications for spending on food and drink. Future drivers of growth will be portfolio expansion by major manufacturers and importers, including strong marketing and promotional campaigns targeting younger and more aspirational consumers. The country remains an attractive destination for foreign investment owing to its vast natural resource wealth, significant potential to export to high- growth markets in East and South Asia, and steadily improving business environment.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Headline Industry Data (local currency):
- 2014 per capita food consumption: +9.6%; compound annual growth rate (CAGR) 2013 to 2018: +9.9%
- 2014 alcoholic drinks value sales: +10.2%; CAGR forecast 2013 to 2018: +10.9%
- 2014 soft drinks value sales: +13.5%; CAGR forecast 2013 to 2018: +14.1%
Key Industry Developments
Exports Below Potential On Harvest Delay And Competition : We maintain our forecast for Kazakh wheat production to rebound by 52.4% year-on-year (y-o-y) to reach 15.0mn tonnes in 2013/14. This is slightly lower than official estimates, which project output of 16.3mn tonnes in 2013/14. Our lower forecast is in line with our concerns over potential deterioration to the quality of the crop. Even though 92.0% of the wheat collected so far is of high quality, local industry sources fear that the quality could fall further as the harvesting campaign shifts to the northern part of the country. Kazakhstan has already harvested 7.5mn tonnes of wheat from 40% of the sown area, with yields at 1.3 tonnes/hectare (ha), up from 0.8 tonnes/ha in 2012/13. As of September last season, more than 80% of the sown area had been harvested.
Heineken And EBI To Break Up Joint Ventures : At the beginning of 2013, Dutch brewer Heineken and Efes Breweries International (EBI), a subsidiary of Turkey's Anadolu Efes, announced plans to dissolve their joint ventures in...
The Kazakhstan Food & Drink Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s market assessment and independent forecasts for food and drink expenditure, consumption, sales, and imports/exports and forecasts for the mass grocery retail sector. The report also includes analyses of major regulatory developments, the background macroeconomic outlook and competitive landscape comparing national and multinational companies by leading products and services, sales, investments, partners and expansion strategies.
BMI's Kazakhstan Food & Drink Report provides industry professionals and strategists, sector analysts, business investors, trade associations and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the food and drink industry and the mass grocery retail market in Kazakhstan.
- Benchmark BMI's independent food and drink industry forecasts for Kazakhstan to test other views - a key input for successful budgeting and strategic business planning in the Kazakhstani food and drink market.
- Target business opportunities and risks in Kazakhstan through our reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes and major deals, projects and investments.
- Exploit latest competitive intelligence on your competitors, partners and clients via our Company Profiles (inc. SWOTs, KPIs and latest activity) and Competitive Landscape Tables.
BMI Industry View
Summary of BMI's key industry forecasts, and views, covering food and drink manufacturing and consumption and the retail market.
Business Environment Ratings
BMI's Food & Drink Business Environment Ratings provide a country-comparative Risk-Reward Ratings index aimed at investors, food and drink manufacturers and mass grocery retailers.
The ratings methodology makes sophisticated use of over 40 industry, economic and demographic data points.
Industry SWOT Analysis
Analysis of the major Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats within the food, drink and mass grocery retail sectors, and within the broader political, economic and business environment.
BMI's food chapter is divided into sections such as Meat, Fish, Confectionary, Dairy and Canned Foods, and provides insight into a market's food industry, centred on a forecast to end-2018 for the sector. The chapter includes the following elements:
Industry Forecast Scenario - Historical data series and forecasts to end-2018 for growth of key indicators within a market's food industry. Including consumption, food consumption as % of GDP, canned food sales, confectionery sales and food and drink imports and exports, among others.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Food research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Mexico Food & Drink Report Q3 2014
- Kuwait Food & Drink Report Q3 2014
- Netherlands Food & Drink Report Q3 2014
- Slovenia Food & Drink Report Q3 2014
- Bahrain Food & Drink Report Q3 2014
- Chile Food & Drink Report Q3 2014
- Germany Food & Drink Report Q3 2014
- Thailand Food & Drink Report Q3 2014
- Hungary Food & Drink Report Q3 2014
- Turkey Food & Drink Report Q3 2014