New Financial Services research report from Timetric is now available from Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 07/27/2012 -- The French life insurance segment is the second largest in Europe in terms of gross written premium, after the UK. Despite the fact that life insurance is one of the preferred types of investments among French consumers, the segment recorded a poor performance during the review period. The recent sovereign debt crisis adversely affected the life insurance segment, as it created a poor investment environment in the country that made French consumers reluctant to make investments in life insurance products. French life insurance companies are finding it difficult to maintain profit margins due the increasing level of price competition in the segment. Life insurance companies are expected to undertake some restructuring initiatives in order to reduce their operational costs to sustain the price competition. To reduce the administrative costs, leading companies are relocating their back office operations to low-cost destinations.
- Pension products were the leading life insurance product category in France during the review period. The majority of French consumers purchase life insurance policies for their retirement and long-term care. Similar to several other Western European countries, France is currently recording an aging population, a shrinking workforce and an increasing pension deficit.
- French life insurance companies are finding it difficult to maintain profit margins due to the increasing level of price competition in the segment. Life insurance companies are expected to undertake some restructuring initiatives in order to reduce their operational costs to sustain the price competition.
- The increasing penetration of distribution channels across the country is expected to drive the growth of the French life insurance segment over the forecast period. The expansion of distribution networks enables the insurance companies to reach out to a larger customer base and increase the volume of their life insurance policy sales.
- The ongoing debt crisis caused French consumers to seek low-cost life insurance products with higher coverage. As such, life insurance companies are now facing tough competition over prices.
- The French life insurance segment is expected to remain competitive over the forecast period due to the country's favorable regulations that allow foreign companies to enter the French insurance industry by establishing a new subsidiary or acquiring an existing company in the region.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the life insurance market in France:
- It provides historical values for the French life insurance market for the report's 2007-2011 review period and forecast figures for the 2012-2016 forecast period
- It offers a detailed analysis of the key sub-segments in the French life insurance market, along with market forecasts until 2016
Companies Mentioned in this Report: CNP Assurances, Credit Agricole Assurances, BNP Paribas Cardif, Groupe Des Assurances Du Credit Mutuel, AXA France, Generali France, Societe Generale Insurance, Allianz France, Aviva France, Groupama France
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Financial Services research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Life Insurance in South Africa, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016: Micro Insurance Programs and Rural Insurance Penetration Key to Market Expansion
- Non-Life Insurance in South Africa, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016: Introduction of Compulsory Motor Third-Party Liability Insurance to Drive Market Growth
- Life Insurance in the UK, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016
- Life Insurance in the Czech Republic, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016
- Non-Life Insurance in the UK, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016
- Life Insurance in Mexico, Trends and Opportunities to 2016: Tax Incentives to Continue to Encourage Investment in Life Insurance Retirement Products
- Life Insurance in Germany, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016
- Life Insurance in Poland, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016
- Life Insurance in Colombia, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016
- Life Insurance in Austria, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016