New Pharmaceuticals research report from GBI Research is now available from Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 02/16/2013 -- Leading business intelligence provider, GBI Research, has released its latest research report, entitled: "Liver Cancer Therapeutics Market to 2018 - Nexavar, the Only Approved Targeted Therapy for Advanced Disease, Continues to Dominate as Other Late Stage Trials Fail". The report provides insights into the liver cancer therapeutics market in the US, the top five European countries (the UK, Germany, France, Italy and Spain) and Japan, with market forecasts until 2018. It provides in-depth analysis of the major marketed products, as well as insights into the liver cancer therapeutics R&D pipeline. The report also gives in-depth analysis of the unmet needs, drivers and barriers that affect the markets in these countries. Additionally, it discusses the global pipeline for all the liver cancer molecules across various stages of development.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
The report is built using data and information sourced from proprietary databases, primary and secondary research and in-house analysis by GBI Research's team of industry experts.
GBI Research found that the liver cancer therapeutics in the top seven markets (the US, the UK, Germany, France, Spain, Italy and Japan) was estimated at $374.3m in 2011, having grown at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 21.7% from 2004. Growth was driven by an increase in the patient volume and the Annual Cost of Therapy (ACT) per patient, which increased due to the approval of Nexavar (sorafenib) in the US and Europe. The market is forecast to reach revenues of $644.3m by 2018, growing at a CAGR of 8.1% from 2011.
The current competition in the liver cancer market is weak, as Nexavar is the only drug approved for advanced Hepatocellular Carcinoma (HCC) with the exception of Miripla (miriplatin) in Japan. However, there are some molecules in Phase III development as first-line and second-line treatments which promise to influence the competitive landscape in the next two to three years. The anticipated launch of Eli Lilly's ramucirumab (IMC-1121B), a monoclonal antibody in 2014; Celsion Corporation's ThermoDox in 2014; and PrevOnco in 2015 will drive the market forward.
- Annualized market data for the liver cancer therapeutics market from 2004 to 2011 and forecast to 2018
- Analysis of the liver cancer therapeutics market in the leading geographies of the world: the US, the UK, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and Japan
- Market characterization of the liver cancer therapeutics market including market size, annual cost of therapy and treatment usage patterns
- Key drivers and barriers that affect the market
- Coverage of pipeline molecules in various Phases of drug development
- Competitive benchmarking of leading companies including Bayer and Dainippon Sumitomo Pharma
- Key M&A activities and licensing agreements that have taken place between 2008 and October 2012 in liver cancer therapeutics in the top seven markets
Companies Mentioned in this Report: Bayer, Dainippon Sumitomo Pharma
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Pharmaceuticals research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Ovarian Cancer Therapeutics - Global Drug Forecasts and Treatment Analysis 2020
- Bayer HealthCare Pharmaceuticals - Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare - Deals and Alliances Profile
- Onyx Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (ONXX) - Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare - Deals and Alliances Profile
- Orphan Disease Therapeutics Market to 2018 - Improved Understanding of Rare Diseases' Heterogeneity and Novel New Clinical Trial Designs to Foster Innovation
- Orphan Diseases Therapeutics in Oncology to 2018 - Strongly Diversified Developmental Pipelines Indicate Long-Term Growth Potential despite Moderate Scope of Current Late Stage Molecules
- Spectrum Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (SPPI) - Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare - Deals and Alliances Profile
- IMMUNOMEDICS, INC (IMMU) - Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare - Deals and Alliances Profile
- Lip and Oral Cavity Cancer Therapeutics - Pipeline Assessment and Market Forecasts to 2018
- Cell Therapeutics, Inc. (CTIC) - Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare - Deals and Alliances Profile
- Novel Therapies in Oncology - Protein Kinase Inhibitors, Monoclonal Antibodies and Vaccines Therapeutic Classes Dominate Late-Stage Pipeline
Copyright © 2005-2013 - SBWire, The Small Business Newswire - All Rights Reserved - Important Disclaimer
Contact Us: 888-4-SBWIRE (US) - 920-321-1250 (International)