Fast Market Research recommends "Malaysia Food & Drink Report Q2 2014" from Business Monitor International, now available
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 02/20/2014 -- We believe that a mixture of declining global grain prices, subdued money supply growth and benign wage price pressure will combine to keep Malaysian consumer price inflation in check as we head into 2014. Malaysia's improving labour market dynamics not only bodes well for economic growth and private spending, but also is likely to help to keep labour costs stable, thus promoting investment.
Headline Industry Data (local currency)
- 2014 per capita food consumption value sales growth = +1.44% year-on-year (y-o-y); compound annual growth rate (CAGR) forecast to 2018 = +1.24%
- 2014 soft drinks value sales growth= +3.58% y-o-y; CAGR forecast to 2018 = +2.88%
- 2014 alcoholic drinks value sales growth = +4.64% y-o-y; CAGR forecast to 2018 = +4.23%
- 2014 mass grocery retail sales growth = +8.62% y-o-y; CAGR forecast to 2018 = +6.12%
Key Industry Trends
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Hershey To Invest In Malaysian Production Facility: In a development indicative of Malaysia's potential as a manufacturing base for the region, US-based chocolate company The Hershey Company plans to open its first confectionery manufacturing plant in Johor, Malaysia. The MYR816mn (US$250mn) facility will incorporate innovations in automated confectionery manufacturing technology and high-speed wrapping equipment featuring proprietary, as well as specially engineered, wrapping technologies. The new plant is expected to address rising consumer demand for the company's products in Asia.
Asahi Brand Makes Significant Inroads In Malaysia: In August 2013, Asahi Breweries' Asahi Super Dry beer became the fastest growing premium beer in Malaysia, according to Juliet Yap, the marketing director of Carlsberg Malaysia, which brews and distributes Asahi's beer in Malaysia. According to Asahi Group Public Relations Manager Takayuki Tanaka, sales of the beer increased tenfold between 2010 and 2011, with sales increasing 14-15% in 2012. The strong growth can be attributed to its popularity with the 25-34 age group, Yap said.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Food research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Caribbean Food & Drink Report Q2 2014
- Czech Republic Food & Drink Report Q2 2014
- Greece Food & Drink Report Q2 2014
- Colombia Food & Drink Report Q1 2014
- Argentina Food & Drink Report 2014
- Singapore Food & Drink Report Q1 2014
- Hong Kong Food & Drink Report 2014
- India Food & Drink Report Q1 2014
- United Arab Emirates Food & Drink Report Q1 2014
- Brazil Food & Drink Report Q1 2014
Copyright © 2005-2014 - SBWire, The Small Business Newswire - All Rights Reserved - Important Disclaimer
Contact Us: 888-4-SBWIRE (US) - 920-593-5640 (International)