New Food market report from Euromonitor International: "Meal Replacement in South Korea"
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 06/05/2014 -- Value sales of sugar confectionery are expected to grow by less than 1%, to reach Won356 billion in 2013. Medicated confectionery will see the highest value growth of 2% in the market. In South Korea, the yellow dust from China, which occurs during every spring, will happen more often in 2013. Moreover, the level of fine dust particles called PM-10 has increased rapidly in the Seoul city, which causes severe air pollution and sore throats. Both of these environmental factors will cause higher consumption of medicated confectionery.
Crown Confectionery leads sugar confectionery, holding 20% of value sales in 2013. The company's largest brand, My Chew, will recover from sales losses between 2009 and 2012. The brand will hold 32% of sales in pastilles, gums, jellies and chews in 2013. Since its merge of distribution network with Haitai Confectionery & Foods in 2009, the company has adjusted its product lines to avoid cannibalisation. For instance, both companies have similar products called Youngyanggaeng, which may face cannibalisation by confusing consumers due to the same name. Because the product of Haitai Confectionery & Foods has performed better, Crown Confectionery has looked to differentiate its products by developing a new type of Youngyanggaeng.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Value sales of sugar confectionery is expected to decline at a CAGR of -2% over the forecast period, in constant 2013 prices; due to the poor performance of toffees, caramels and nougat and mints. Local consumers regard mints as substitutable with medicated confectionery or some functional boiled as they all have a similar function of clearing throats and refreshing breath. Due to relatively high shares of imported brands in mints, domestic manufacturers with established distribution networks are expected to reduce sales by promoting similar products in medicated confectionery and boiled sweets.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Sugar Confectionery industry in South Korea with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Sugar Confectionery industry in South Korea, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Sugar Confectionery in South Korea market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Food research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Meal Replacement in South Africa
- Packaged Food in South Africa
- Packaged Food in South Korea
- The Future of the Prepared Meals Market in South Korea to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape
- The Future of the Prepared Meals Market in South Africa to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape
- The Future of the Prepared Meals Market in South Africa to 2017
- The Future of the Prepared Meals Market in South Korea to 2017
- Meal Kits Market in South Africa to 2017
- Meal Kits Market in South Korea to 2017
- Meal Replacement in India