New Medical Devices research report from GlobalData is now available from Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 09/30/2013 -- Compared with the more mature reconstruction markets, such as hip and knee replacements, shoulder reconstruction is developing as a specialty. Current market growth in shoulder reconstruction is mainly driven by total shoulder replacement (TSR), which comprises anatomic total and reverse total shoulder replacements. Although sluggish economic growth has hindered the large-joint replacement market in the United States and Europe, the global TSR market has seen a promising growth rate in the past few years. This healthy growth can be attributed to an increasing patient population, an improved surgeon adoption of reverse shoulder implants, as well as evolving insurance and reimbursement landscape.
GlobalData evaluated currently marketed TSR prostheses, identified the unmet needs in the market, and provided an understanding of surgeon perception of the latest advances within the shoulder community. Over the forecast period, despite the dampening effect of downward pricing pressure, the TSR market is expected to enjoy healthy growth, primarily driven by the trend of active aging, continuous medical education efforts from the supply side, the introduction of additional reverse shoulder implants and the FDA's approval of modern stemless designs. In particular, the market size of reverse TSR is expected to grow at a much faster pace compared with anatomic TSR.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
This report focuses on TSR market in Brazil. GlobalData evaluated currently marketed TSR prostheses, identified the unmet needs in the market, and provided an understanding of surgeon perception of the latest advances within the shoulder community. An accelerated market expansion is expected in emerging countries including Brazil.
- An overview of arthritis, which includes epidemiology, etiology, symptoms, diagnosis, pathology and treatment guidelines.
- Annualized South American TSR market revenue and future forecasts from 2009 to 2011, forecast for 7 years to 2018.
- Investigation of current and future market competition for TSR
- Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges as well as predicted impact of key events.
- Competitor assessment including device approval analysis and device sales forecasts.
- Marketed and pipeline product profiles covering efficiency, safety, clinical study details, device approvals, product positioning and device sales forecast.
- Analysis of unmet needs within the market and opportunities for future players.
- Technology trends evaluation to assess strength of pipeline.
- An overview of all devices in development including clinical study details, design and material selection considerations, efficacy reports, and device approval timelines.
- Company profiles including business description, financial overview and SWOT analysis.
- Coverage of key market players.
Companies Mentioned in this Report: DePuy Synthes, Tornier N.V., Biomet, Zimmer Holdings, Exactech, Smith & Nephew, Stryker, DJO Global, Arthrex, Lima Corporate S.p.a., Integra LifeSciences, Mathys Ltd Bettlach, Wright Medical Group
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Medical Devices research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- MediPoint: Total Shoulder Replacement - EU Analysis and Market Forecasts
- MediPoint: Cervical Total Disc Replacement - South American Analysis and Market Forecasts
- MediPoint: Total Shoulder Replacement - APAC Analysis and Market Forecasts
- MediPoint: Total Shoulder Replacement - US Analysis and Market Forecasts
- MediPoint: Total Ankle Replacement - South America Analysis and Market Forecasts
- MediPoint: Total Wrist Reconstruction - South America Analysis and Market Forecasts
- MediPoint: Total Shoulder Replacement - Current and Future Players
- MediPoint: Total Ankle Replacement - APAC Analysis and Market Forecasts
- MediPoint: Total Ankle Replacement - EU Analysis and Market Forecasts
- MediPoint: Hernia Repair - South American Analysis and Market Forecasts