Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 07/03/2014 -- In 2012, just as in 2011, the mixed retailers saw their sales increase thanks to department stores' good performance and to the development of variety stores which were highly appreciated by city dwellers. These two channels were of almost equal value (around EUR4 billion) for the market, with more significant value per store than department stores. But the risk with department stores is that sales are, to a great extent, driven by tourists who buy luxury products.
The leadership of Monoprix in mixed retailers was confirmed by the results of the year 2012: It represented 45% of total mixed retailers' value sales with 298 outlets under the Monoprix brand. Monoprix stores are located in town centres and offer an alternative to supermarkets and hypermarkets. In comparison with these two other formats, the offering is relatively the same, although Monoprix has a higher price positioning.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
The demand for variety stores is likely to be on the same level over the forecast period: consumers need to have a store near to their location and the advantage of such stores is that they can offer their services to consumers in city centres.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Mixed Retailers industry in France with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Mixed Retailers industry in France, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Mixed Retailers in France market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed market shares for international and locally-based retailers
- Historic number of stores, selling space and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- How big is the Mixed Retailers channel in France?
- Who are the leading retailers in France?
- How are mixed retailers competing against the growth of grocery retailers?
- Are consumers switching towards value retailers or moving upmarket?
Reasons to Get this Report
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
Product coverage: Department Stores , Mass Merchandisers, Variety Stores, Warehouse Clubs.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Retailing research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Mixed Retailers in Japan
- Mixed Retailers in Finland
- Mixed Retailers in Turkey
- Retailing in the United Kingdom
- Mixed Retailers in Switzerland
- Mixed Retailers in Malaysia
- Mixed Retailers in the US
- Mixed Retailers in South Africa
- Mixed Retailers in Peru
- Retailing in Austria