Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 07/18/2014 -- BMI has upgraded its forecast for Moldova's pharmaceutical and healthcare market for 2014 due to improved economic conditions. Moldova is likely to sign the Association Agreement with the EU in June 2014, which would strengthen the business environment and improve the regulatory structure and access to the pharmaceutical market in the country. Moldova is undertaking a reform of its healthcare sector with the World Bank, which is likely to be positive for the sector. Any retaliatory move by Russia against Moldova though unlikely will affect the overall economic conditions in the short-term.
Headline Expenditure Projections
- Pharmaceuticals: MDL2.73bn (USD214mn) in 2013 to MDL2.91bn (USD230mn) in 2014; +6.3% in local currency terms and +7.4% in US dollar terms. Forecast unchanged from Q214 due to improved economic conditions.
- Healthcare: MDL11.17bn (USD890mn) in 2013 to MDL12.19bn (USD960mn) in 2014; +9.1% in local currency terms and +8.0% in US dollar terms. Forecast increased from Q214 because of improved economic conditions.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Risk/Reward Rating: Moldova sits in penultimate place in our Q314 Pharmaceutical Risk/Reward Ratings for Central and Eastern Europe (CEE). Ranking 19 th out of a total of 20 markets, Moldova performs poorly in terms of both Risks and Rewards, posting a score of 39.5.
Key Trends And Developments
- Moldova's government sold its 94.6% stake in domestic pharmaceutical manufacturer, Farmaco (Pharmaco), for Lei 51.6mn in April 2014.
- In April 2014, the government announced plans to sign an agreement for Moldovan doctors to work in Germany legally. Although the move is likely to encourage circular migration, it places further strain on understaffed hospitals and removal of informal payments in the healthcare sector.
BMI Economic View: Real GDP growth in Moldova reached a record 8.9% in 2013 as the agriculture sector rebounded strongly from a drought in the previous year. However, we have downgraded our growth target for...
The Moldova Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s forecasts for drugs and healthcare expenditure and imports and exports, focusing on the growth outlook for the prescription, OTC, patented drugs and generics market segments.
BMI's Moldova Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report provides industry professionals, strategists, company executives, investors, analysts and sales/marketing heads with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the Moldovan pharmaceutical and healthcare industry.
- Benchmark BMI's independent pharmaceutical and healthcare industry forecasts for Moldova to test other views - a key input for successful budgeting and strategic business planning in the Moldovan pharmaceutical and healthcare market.
- Target business opportunities and risks in the Moldovan pharmaceutical and healthcare sector through our reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes and major deals, projects and investments in Moldova.
- Assess the activities, strategy and market position of your competitors, partners and clients via our Company Profiles (inc. SWOTs, KPIs and latest activity) and Competitive Landscape Tables.
BMI Industry View & Industry SWOT
An at-a-glance perspective on latest regulatory developments, key forecast indicators and major corporate developments, covering the prescription, OTC and generics markets. The SWOT outlines strategic factors which affect BMI's forecast analysis, and taken together with BMI's political, economic and business environment SWOTS, it gives a complete overview of market climate.
Snapshot of key market characteristics, including total size of pharmaceuticals and healthcare segments, growth drivers, leading therapeutic areas and the competitive landscape.
Details of the industry regulatory framework and key legislation covering the licensing of new products/services, pricing and reimbursements, intellectual property, taxation and advertising, as well as an analysis of the overall regulatory burden.
Focus on government healthcare reforms, epidemiological trends, company M&As, product launches, market entries, FDI activity, R&D, biotechnology, clinical trials and supply chain issues.
BMI Industry Forecasts
Forecasts to end-2018 for all key industry indicators (see list below) supported by explicit assumptions, plus analysis of key downside risks to the main forecast, including:
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Healthcare research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Egypt Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q3 2014
- Peru Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q3 2014
- France Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q3 2014
- Turkey Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q3 2014
- Slovenia Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q3 2014
- United Kingdom Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q3 2014
- Lithuania Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q3 2014
- Jordan Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q3 2014
- Estonia Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q3 2014
- Saudi Arabia Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q3 2014