Fast Market Research recommends "Morocco Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q3 2013" from Business Monitor International, now available
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 09/09/2013 -- We remain broadly optimistic about the performance of Morocco's pharmaceutical market over the coming years. The roll-out of the country's compulsory healthcare scheme will support volume consumption, with values to increase in line with wider economic improvements and rising per-capita incomes. However, the overall market value will remain modest on account of low per-capita spending.
Headline Expenditure Projections
- Pharmaceuticals: MAD11.62bn (US$1.35bn) in 2012 to MAD12.90bn (US$1.54bn) in 2013; +11.0% in local currency terms and +14.3% in US dollar terms. Forecast slightly higher in relation to Q113 on account of higher historical data and more favourable macroeconomic outlook.
- Healthcare: MAD53.98bn (US$6.25bn) in 2012 to MAD59.02bn (US$7.04bn) in 2013; +9.3% in local currency terms and +12.6% in US dollar terms. Forecast slightly higher in relation to Q113 on account of higher historical data and more favourable macroeconomic outlook.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Risk/Reward Rating: Following an adjustment of our proprietary assessment methodology, Morocco remains ranked 12th in our Q313 Pharmaceutical Risk/Reward Rating (RRR) regional table, which covers 30 key markets in the Middle East and Africa (MEA) region. Morocco's Rewards ratings are less favourable than the regional average, which serves to weigh down its overall score. The market is medium-sized by regional standards and small on a global scale, but its high growth potential offsets relatively low per-capita drug consumption, especially in rural areas. In the Risks category, Morocco scores above the regional average, indicating a relatively low level of country and pharmaceutical industry-specific risk in a relatively volatile region.
Key Trends And Developments
- In April 2013, French pharmaceutical major Sanofi announced the opening of a new logistics hub, in Casablanca. The EUR20mn centre will be Sanofi's largest distribution centre in Africa, according to the company's CEO, Christopher A. Viehbacher. The new Sanofi distribution centre handles 1,300 products, which are used both in the local market and exported to sub-Saharan Africa.
- In the same month, Sanofi entered three new partnership agreements with the Moroccan government as part of the former's educational initiatives. Two of the collaborations aim to offering training to doctors and develop new treatment facilities for patients with Type 1 diabetes, mental disorders and epilepsy. The third partnership aids the development of the Moroccan pharmaceutical industry by offering training to regulatory technicians and managers. Sanofi will support the Moroccan government in the development of diabetes-care protocols for children and adolescents. A total of 11 treatment facilities will be improved, while two new facilities will be established by the company.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Healthcare research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Nigeria Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2013
- Malaysia Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q3 2013
- Croatia Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q3 2013
- Kuwait Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q3 2013
- Latvia Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2013
- Sweden Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q3 2013
- Australia Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2013
- Lebanon Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q3 2013
- Jordan Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q3 2013
- Russia Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q3 2013