New Food research report from Business Monitor International is now available from Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 07/17/2014 -- We hold a positive view on the agribusiness sector of Mozambique, as the country is able to tap into abundant and largely unexploited land and water resources. Of the utmost importance is boosting agricultural productivity by improving irrigation, and introducing technology to small-scale farmers. The government has also highlighted the need to improve food and nutritional safety and to facilitate more agricultural reform. Our optimism about Mozambique's agriculture industry largely hinges on the government's continued support for the sector. According to the Ministry of Agriculture's National Plan for Investment in the Agricultural Sector, Mozambique still requires investment of US D 3.1bn between 2013 and 2017 to ensure that the country is self-sufficient in food. The plan aims to transform subsistence agriculture, predominant in the country, into commercial agriculture, and to use the sugar domestic sugar industry as a model for development .
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
- Sugar production growth to 2017/18: 30.7% to reach 536,000 tonnes. As one of Mozambique's key cash crops, long-term sugar production growth will reflect an increase in export-driven demand and the opening up of new markets; output is also expected to benefit from investment in biofuels.
- Poultry consumption growth to 2018: 33.8% to 45,400 tonnes. Among the factors underpinning our strong growth expectations are Mozambique's expanding population and the country's rising standards of living.
- Corn production growth to 2017/18: 45.8% to 2.6mn tonnes. Corn will remain one of Mozambique's most important food crops; it will also retain its status as an important source of feed for poultry and livestock. However, despite benefiting from efforts to raise production levels, the crop will remain vulnerable to variations in rainfall.
- BMI universe agribusiness market value: USD716mn in 2014 (down from USD757mn...
The Mozambique Agribusiness Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s market assessment and independent forecasts for production, consumption and trade across core agricultural commodities.
BMI's Mozambique Agribusiness Report includes independent commodity price forecasting and analysis for key agricultural outputs, an overview of the agribusiness competitive landscape and a discussion of the downstream context of agricultural production in relation to country food consumption forecasts and composite food and beverage trade forecasts.
- Use BMI's independent industry forecasts to test other views - a key input for successful planning in dynamic agribusiness markets.
- Apply BMI's medium-term commodity price analysis to assist with budgetary planning and the identification of investment opportunities and potential risks.
- Assess the activities and market position of your competitors, partners and clients.
BMI Industry View
An analytical summary of BMI's latest key industry forecasts and views, highlighting recent changes and key risks to the industry outlook for agribusiness in Mozambique.
Industry SWOT Analysis
At-a-glance perspectives on the Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats facing the agricultural industry.
BMI Supply & Demand Forecasts
Divided into sections based on various diverse sectors in the agriculture market, the chapter provides insight into each market's agricultural industry, centred on sector forecasts to end-2018 for the consumption, production and trade of key agricultural commodities.
Consumption forecasts are accompanied by a discussion of the main drivers of consumption growth: macroeconomic factors, food processing trends, price movements and, increasingly, demand from the non-food sector.
Production forecasts examine the trends influencing BMI's production outlook: global demand, price increases, public and private sector investment and agricultural efficiency improvements.
Trade forecasts are accompanied by a discussion of the factors influencing a country's trade in agricultural goods, including domestic demand, global prices and government trade policies.
BMI's forecasts are accompanied by a Risks- to-Outlook assessment, which examines potential factors that could affect our existing forecast picture and the likelihood of their occurrence.
BMI's Commodity Price Analysis
Fundamental and technical analysis of the short- and medium-term price outlook for key agricultural commodities, based on globally-recognised benchmarks.
Analysis of headline food and drink forecasts, including total food consumption, per capita food consumption and total sector trade, which provide important downstream intelligence for primary agricultural producers.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Food research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Australia Agribusiness Report Q3 2014
- China Agribusiness Report Q3 2014
- Venezuela Agribusiness Report Q3 2014
- Canada Agribusiness Report Q3 2014
- Malaysia Agribusiness Report Q3 2014
- United States Agribusiness Report Q3 2014
- Morocco Agribusiness Report Q3 2014
- New Zealand Agribusiness Report Q3 2014
- Italy Agribusiness Report Q3 2014
- Cameroon Agribusiness Report Q3 2014