Fast Market Research recommends "Nigeria Telecommunications Report Q1 2013" from Business Monitor International, now available
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 03/13/2013 -- Executive Summary
BMI View: Increasing complaints from the telecoms regulator and mobile phone users over poor Q0S issues support our view that network quality and coverage, as opposed to price, will be a defining competitive factor in Nigeria's mobile market as it approaches saturation. We therefore expect a significant proportion of mobile operators' capex in 2013 to go towards boosting existing network capacity to cope with expected increases in subscriptions and usage over the next few years. Meanwhile, the government has an ambitious broadband penetration target of 20% by 2017. Although this is not unattainable, we believe it could be missed by a wide margin if obstacles that presently hold back investments in broadband infrastructure are not dealt with.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
- The mobile market grew 4.8% in Q312 to bring total growth in 9M12 to 11.8%.
- Market weighted blended ARPU fell by 10.8% in Q312.
- The fixed-line sector contracted by 8.9% in Q312 to bring total decline in 9M12 to 34.1%.
Nigeria is ranked second on BMI's Q113 Risk/Reward ratings (RRR) table for Sub-Saharan Africa. Nigeria scores above the regional average in all four categories of our ratings, although a high rate of unemployment, weak social infrastructure and relatively low GDP per capita contribute to a weak Country Rewards score. Nigeria's population and rapid subscriber growth contribute to a high score the Industry Rewards category but this is counterbalanced by a weak subscriber mix and declining ARPUs. Meanwhile, a positive private consumption growth outlook, based on strong macroeconomic fundamentals, was a major boost to Nigeria's Country Risk rating in this quarter's update.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Fixed Networks research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Russia Telecommunications Report Q1 2013
- Iraq Telecommunications Report Q1 2013
- Japan Telecommunications Report Q1 2013
- Bahrain Telecommunications Report Q1 2013
- Hong Kong Telecommunications Report Q1 2013
- Caribbean Telecommunications Report Q1 2013
- Kenya Telecommunications Report Q1 2013
- Southern Africa Telecommunications Report Q1 2013
- West & Central Africa Telecommunications Report Q1 2013
- Colombia Telecommunications Report Q1 2013
Copyright © 2005-2013 - SBWire, The Small Business Newswire - All Rights Reserved - Important Disclaimer
Contact Us: 888-4-SBWIRE (US) - 920-321-1250 (International)