Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 09/06/2012 -- The Singaporean non-life insurance segment generates a larger proportion of its business from overseas markets than the life and personal accident and health insurance segments. Consequently, macro- and micro economic conditions in neighboring countries have a significant impact on the growth of the Singaporean non-life insurance segment, with overall economic growth in the region following the global financial crisis in 2009 resulting in increased demand for property, motor and liability insurance products. This improvement in offshore business, coupled with Singapore's impressive economic growth in 2010 and 2011, accelerated the growth of the non-life insurance segment during the review period.
- The Singaporean non-life insurance segment in general, and the property insurance category in particular, depend on key offshore markets such as China, Japan, New Zealand and Australia for a significant proportion of their revenues.
- Singapore is currently considering whether to implement Solvency II regulations in accordance with the EU, regulations for which an increased capital requirement for insurance companies is a key part. This potential increase, coupled with the rising number of HNWIs doing business in Singapore, is expected to attract larger foreign capital inward investments over the forecast period.
- Despite these significant growth opportunities, the Singaporean non-life insurance segment is still expected to face numerous challenges over the forecast period, with some of the most notable being related to the negative economic and business outlook in the world's leading economies, rising levels of public debt in the EU, and political instability in neighboring countries.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the non-life insurance market in Singapore:
- It provides historical values for the Singapore non-life insurance market for the report's 2007-2011 review period and forecast figures for the 2012-2016 forecast period
- It offers a detailed analysis of the key sub-segments in the Singapore non-life insurance market, along with market forecasts until 2016
- It covers an exhaustive list of parameters, including written premium, incurred loss, loss ratio, commissions and expenses, combined ratio, frauds and crimes, total assets, total investment income and retentions
- It analyses the various distribution channels for insurance products in Singapore
- Using Porter's industry-standard "Five Forces" analysis, it details the competitive landscape in Singapore for non-life insurance business
- It provides a detailed analysis of the reinsurance market in Singapore and its growth prospects
- It profiles the top non-life insurance companies in Singapore and outlines the key regulations affecting them
Companies Mentioned in this Report: Lloyd's Asia Scheme, First Capital Insurance Limited, American Home Assurance Company, NTUC Income Insurance Co-operative Limited, AXA Insurance Singapore Pte Ltd, MSIG Insurance (Singapore) Pte Ltd, India International Insurance Pte Ltd, QBE Insurance (International) Limited, Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance plc, Liberty Insurance Pte Ltd
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Financial Services research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Life Insurance in South Africa, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016: Micro Insurance Programs and Rural Insurance Penetration Key to Market Expansion
- Non-Life Insurance in South Africa, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016: Introduction of Compulsory Motor Third-Party Liability Insurance to Drive Market Growth
- Personal Accident and Health Insurance in the Netherlands, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016
- Life Insurance in Belgium, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016
- Life Insurance in the Netherlands, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016
- Life Insurance in the UK, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016
- Non-Life Insurance in the Netherlands, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016
- Personal Accident and Health Insurance in Hong Kong, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016
- Non-Life Insurance in the UK, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016
- Life Insurance in the Czech Republic, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016