Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 03/26/2014 -- North American Healthcare Cloud Computing Market by Applications (EMR, PACS, RIS, RCM, APB), Deployment (Private, Public, Hybrid), Service (SAAS, IAAS), Pricing (Pay-As-You-Go, Spot) & End Users (Provider, Payers) - Forecast to 2018
The significance of cloud computing is expected to increase in the healthcare industry. The healthcare industry is facing increasing pressure to lower the costs associated with providing healthcare; adopt new systems that support electronic medical records (EMR); and share data in a quick and secure manner with other healthcare providers and government agencies. The need to reduce costs in the healthcare industry ecosystem is a key factor that is increasing the adoption of cloud computing. Moreover, cloud computing can help healthcare organizations to share information stored across disparate information systems in real time and enable the IT staff to attend to more critical tasks, which results in an increase in productivity and cost-efficiency.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
The cloud-based Clinical Information Systems softwares market is the fastest growing segment in the North American Healthcare cloud computing market, by application. The rapid growth of this market can be attributed to factors such as federal pressure to convert all paper-based records into digital forms, increasing healthcare costs, and increased awareness about the benefits of cloud computing. However, information such patient records, medical imaging data, and prescription records are to be kept confidential. Thus, the security concern over the transfer of such information on cloud is hindering the adoption of cloud computing in the healthcare sector.
In the CIS market, the EMR market is expected to grow at the highest CAGR. The high growth of this segment is attributed to the implementation of the HITECH Act, which has outlined the plans for the adoption of electronic health records. The North American healthcare cloud computing market has witnessed the highest deployment of applications on private clouds. A private cloud provides a dedicate network and infrastructure which is exclusive to one client. This increases the security of data being transferred on the cloud, which is the prime requirement in the healthcare industry. The SaaS application accounted for the largest share of the North American healthcare cloud computing market, by services. However, the market for IaaS is growing at a higher rate, owing to the increasing need to fill the gap between existing and required infrastructure without incurring significant expenses.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Software research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Community Cloud Market (By Components [Server, Storage Devices, Network Equipments], By Verticals [Healthcare, Finance, Government, Transport and Logistics, Gaming, Education]) - Global Advancements, Market Forecasts and Analysis (2013 - 2018
- Platform as a Service (PaaS) Market - Global Advancements, Business Models, Technology Roadmap, Worldwide Market Forecasts & Analysis (2013 - 2018)
- Hybrid Cloud Market by Delivery Models (Saas, Paas, Iaas), by Cloud Management (Cloud Bursting, Cloud Orchestration), by Cloud Security (Network Security, Data Security, Physical Security - Global Advancements, Market Forecasts & Analysis (2013 - 2018)
- Healthcare IT Outsourcing Market - Global Forecast To 2018
- Government Cloud Market By Agency (Federal Cloud, State and Local Cloud, Defense & Military Cloud), By Delivery (Saas, Paas, Iaas), By Deployment (Public, Private, Hybrid, Community) Global Advancements, Market Forecasts and Analysis (2013 - 2018)
- Business Process as A Service (BPaaS) Market & Cloud BPM Market By Process Outsourcing (Sales, Finance and Accounting, Human Resources, Marketing, Operations) - Global Advancements, Opportunity Roadmaps, Market Forecast and Analysis (2013 - 2018)
- Cloud Billing Market [By Solution (Billing of Cloud Services, Billing Services on Cloud), By Delivery (SaaS, PaaS, IaaS), By Users (SMB, Enterprises)]: Global Advancements, Market Forecasts & Analysis (2013-2018)
- Business Intelligence Market by Types (Mobile BI, Social BI, Cloud BI, Traditional BI), by Function, by Deployment, by Features, by Verticals, by Organization Size, by Regions): Worldwide Trends, Market Forecasts and Analysis (2013 - 2018)
- Clinical Decision Support System (CDSS) Market - Global Forecast to 2018
- Cloud Based Business Analytics Market: Cloud BI, Predictive; Text; Web; Speech; Machine; & Video Analytics, Delivery Models, Market Trends, Enterprise Roadmap - Global Forecast and Analysis (2013 - 2018)