New Financial Services market report from Datamonitor: "Performance Ratio Benchmarking: Accident and Health Insurance 2011"
Williamstown, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 03/07/2012 -- The Accident and Health insurance market remained profitable in 2010 but has struggled with increased administrative costs and high loss ratios. This brief analyzes the performance ratios of the UK Accident and Health insurance market, at both an industry level and across the top 10 insurers. The expense ratio is examined by its component parts: commission, admin and other acquisition expenses.
- Gain insight into the reasons for different cost structures held by insurers.
- Benchmark your performance ratios against those of major competitors.
- Identify which Accident and Health underwriters became more or less profitable in 2010.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Underwriters have been struggling with an increase in administrative costs, which rose in 2010. It is probable that a significant proportion of these expenses stemmed from preparations for Solvency II. The cost of implementing these new regulations is thought to be close to GBP100m for large international insurers.
There has been little change year-on-year when looking at loss ratios, which have not significantly deviated from their five year average of 72.5%. The worst year for the industry occurred in 2008, when the loss ratio peaked at 74.0%
Aviva, the UK's third largest general insurer by GWP, achieved a profitable COR of 92.7% in 2010, which represents an improvement of 3.6 percentage points from the 2009 figure of 96.3%.
Reasons to Get this Report
- Which of your market's top 10 insurers performed best in 2010?
- How has the market as a whole fared on expense and loss ratios in 2010?
- How do your performance ratios compare to the market average and the top 10 insurers?
Companies Mentioned in this Report: Bupa, General Mills, Inc., Hutchison 3G UK Limited, Munich Re, Simplyhealth
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Financial Services research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Performance Ratio Benchmarking of the Top UK General Insurers 2007
- Performance Ratio Benchmarking of the Top UK General Insurers 2008
- Performance Ratio Benchmarking in UK Accident & Health Insurance 2009
- Personal Accident and Health Insurance in Russia, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2015
- UK Personal General Insurance 2007
- Personal Accident and Health Insurance in China, Key Trends and Opportunities till 2015
- UK Commercial General Insurance 2007
- Performance Ratio Benchmarking in UK Accident & Health Insurance 2008
- UK Commercial General Insurance 2008
- UK Personal General Insurance 2008