Williamstown, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 03/13/2012 -- The global vascular interventional devices market consist of devices used in both coronary and peripheral endovascular procedures which includes balloons, EVAR stent grafts, IVC filters, IVUS & angiography catheters, plaque modification devices, hemodynamic flow alteration devices and accessory devices. This Interventional Cardiology Devices Market was valued at $8.7 billion in 2011 and is poised to grow at a CAGR of 7.8% to reach $12.7 billion by 2016. Moreover, the global stents market for coronary and peripheral procedures was valued at $16.0 billion in 2011 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 9.5% to reach $25.2 billion by 2016.
A significant growth has been seen in the use of interventional endovascular procedures in the recent years, which is largely driven by healthcare, demographic, and cost-effective factors. The coronary and peripheral vascular markets together contribute to this growth in interventional procedures. The peripheral angioplasty procedures are expected to grow at a faster rate with a CAGR of 8.9% and is expected to reach 3.3 million procedures by 2016, while coronary angioplasty procedures will have a steady growth with a CAGR of 6.7% and estimated to reach 4.5 million procedures by 2016.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
The major driving factor for these markets would be the increasing demand for minimally invasive percutaneous endovascular treatment. As the incidence cases of coronary and peripheral artery diseases continue to rise in the coming years along with increasing trends in co-morbid conditions such as obesity and diabetes, the vascular interventional devices market for treating these diseases would show significant growth in the forecast period. Minimally invasive endovascular procedure refers to the surgery performed with minute incisions in the body to treat plaque blockages in the arteries of the heart and other vessel walls of peripheral organs such lower extremities, neck, kidneys and brain. The principal advantage of these procedures over surgery is short recovery time, short length scars, low risk of infection, bleeding, and shorter hospital stays.
The stents used in interventional procedures represent the largest segment of the market. In the global stents market, drug-eluting stents contributed the largest share with 76% of the total market, generating revenue of $8.9 billion in 2011 and is expected to reach $13.7 billion by 2016. The key driving factor for drug-eluting stents would be the increased usage of these stents, as restenosis complications are considerably reduced by these stents compared to bare metal stents as well as DES show less long-term problems after placement.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Medical Devices research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Cardiovascular Devices Market to 2016 - Cardiac Rhythm Management (CRM) and Interventional Cardiology Devices to be the Key Revenue Generators
- Cardiovascular Devices Market to 2017 - Minimally Invasive Techniques and Cardiac Prosthetic Devices to Drive Future Growth
- Interventional Cardiology Devices - Global Pipeline Analysis, Competitive Landscape and Market Forecasts to 2017
- Global Cardiovascular Devices Pipeline Landscape: Analysis of Key Upcoming Products and Technologies
- Interventional Cardiology Devices - Global Pipeline Analysis, Opportunity Assessment and Market Forecasts to 2016
- United States Cardiovascular Devices Market Outlook to 2017 - Cardiac Rhythm Management, Interventional Cardiology, Peripheral Vascular Devices, Prosthetic Heart Valves, Electrophysiology and Others
- United States Cardiovascular Devices Market Outlook to 2016
- Cardiovascular Devices - Emerging Countries (China, India, Brazil) Pipeline Analysis, Competitive Landscape and Market Forecasts to 2017
- Global Cardiovascular Devices Market Analysis & Forecasts to 2015
- China Cardiovascular Devices Market Outlook to 2016