Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 06/18/2014 -- Natural resources in Peru consisted of silver, gold, petroleum, iron ore, coal and natural gas, among others. The Ministry of Energy and Mines and Directorate General of Mines govern the mining industry in Peru. The General Mining Law covers all matters on the use of mineral soil and subsoil in Peru and Peru's marine areas.
- MINEM's aim is to focus on the comprehensive development of sustainable mining activities. The ministry supports the growth of mining with regard to energy, regulation and supervision and use of natural resources.
- The Mining Department under Ministry of Energy and Mines is responsible for advocating technical activities and evaluating mining sector policy.
- The Directorate General of Environmental Affairs is the regulatory technical body responsible for proposing and evaluating environmental policy of mining sector. It promotes the execution of activities aim at the protection and conservation of environment.
- The General Mining Law came into effect in 1992. The act covers all matters on the use of mineral soil and subsoil in Peru and Peru's marine areas.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
The report outlines Peru's governing bodies, governing laws, rights and obligations and key fiscal terms which includes royalties, corporate tax, capital gains tax, depreciation, withholding tax, loss carry forward and VAT.
Reasons to Get this Report
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Materials research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Canada's Mining Fiscal Regime: H1 2014
- India's Mining Fiscal Regime: H1 2014
- Brazil's Mining Fiscal Regime: H1 2014
- Chile's Mining Fiscal Regime: H1 2014
- Turkey's Mining Fiscal Regime: H1 2014
- Poland's Mining Fiscal Regime: H1 2014
- Democratic Republic of Congo's Mining Fiscal Regime: H1 2014
- Kazakhstan's Mining Fiscal Regime: H1 2014
- Mexico's Mining Fiscal Regime: H1 2014
- China's Mining Fiscal Regime: H1 2014