Recently published research from GlobalData, "PharmaPoint: Parkinson's Disease - Global Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022", is now available at Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 06/23/2014 -- PharmaPoint: Parkinson's Disease - Global Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022
Parkinson's disease is a progressive condition that is characterized by bradykinesia, muscular rigidity, tremor, and postural instability. As the second most common neurodegenerative disorder, Parkinson's disease may affect individuals of any age but prevalence is increased with age and it is most common in the elderly. It is expected that the prevalence of Parkinson's disease in the 7MM (US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, and Japan) and Brazil will increase from 3.2m people in 2012 to 4.3m people in 2022, driven by an aging population in all markets. Dopaminergic therapies have been fairly effective in treating bradykinesia, but several unmet needs remain. Some needs will be met during the forecast period from 2012-2022, while others, such as the need for disease-modifying drugs, will remain. GlobalData expects that advancements will be made in levodopa administration and that four new molecular entities will be introduced to the market by 2022, these factors along with increased patient numbers from an aging population will drive the market during the forecast period.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Key Questions Answered
- According to KOLs, what are the most important unmet needs in PD? Will these needs be addressed by pipeline agents? What needs will remain by the end of the forecast period in 2022?
- With five new product launches, three of which address the needs of advanced stage patients, which products are forecast to generate the highest sales over 2012-2022?
- What corporate strategies have been employed for recent product launches? What opportunities remain for new entrants?
- An aging population is expected to increase prevalence of PD in all markets from 2012-2022. How will epidemiological changes impact the growth of the future PD market?
- What governmental developments are likely to affect reimbursement and generic erosion of PD drugs? What type of impact will this have on the markets covered over the forecast period?
- Population increases, especially in the elderly, will be a key driving force in the global PD market.
- With several small biotech and pharmaceutical companies involved in mid-stage development of PD products, there will be ample opportunity for partnerships with Big Pharma.
- Levodopa based therapy will remain the gold standard of care with advancements in administration, including the introduction of slow-release formulations and an emergency use inhaler.
- Several unmet needs are expected to remain after the forecast period, as advancements in the control of non-motor symptoms and in the development of disease-modifying therapies are lagging.
- Overview of Parkinson's disease, including etiology, pathophysiology, motor and non-motor symptoms, and quality of life.
- Annualized Parkinson's disease market revenue, annual cost of therapy and treatment usage pattern data from 2012 and forecast for ten years to 2022.
- Key topics covered include strategic competitor assessment, market characterization, unmet needs, clinical trial mapping and implications for the PD market.
- Pipeline analysis: comprehensive data split across different Phases and emerging trends, specifically Newron's safinamide, Biotie and UCB's tozadenant, Civitas' CVT-301, Impax's Rytary (IPX066), Bial's opicapone, Novartis' mavoglurant (AFQ056), and Intec's CD/LD-GR.
- Analysis of the current and future market competition in the global Parkinson's disease market. Insightful review of the key industry and governmental drivers, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide qualitative analysis of its implications.
Reasons to Get This Report
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of pipeline products and technologies, and by identifying the companies with the most robust pipeline.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the PD market.
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments, and companies likely to impact the global PD market in the future.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analyzing the performance of various competitors.
- Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
- Track drug sales in the global PD market from 2012-2022.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.
Companies Mentioned in this Report: Merck, Roche, AbbVie, UCB, GlaxoSmithKline, Novartis, Orion, Newron, Civitas, Impax, Lundbeck
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Pharmaceuticals research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- PharmaPoint: Ulcerative Colitis - Global Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022
- PharmaPoint: Parkinson's Disease - 5EU Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022
- PharmaPoint: Parkinson's Disease - US Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022
- PharmaPoint: Parkinson's Disease - Japan Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022
- PharmaPoint: Parkinson's Disease - Brazil Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022
- PharmaPoint: Prophylactic Human Papillomavirus Vaccines - Global Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022
- PharmaPoint: Crohn's Disease - US Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022
- PharmaPoint: Crohn's Disease - Japan Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022
- PharmaPoint: Neuropathic Pain - 5EU Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022
- PharmaPoint: Crohn's Disease - India Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022