New Pharmaceuticals market report from GlobalData: "PharmaPoint: Seasonal Influenza Vaccines United Kingdom Drug Forecast and Market Analysis"
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 03/05/2013 -- GlobalData has released its new Country report, "PharmaPoint: Seasonal Influenza Vaccines United Kingdom Drug Forecast and Market Analysis". Seasonal Influenza is a respiratory infection caused by influenza virus that results in mild to severe symptoms, such as fever, cold and cough. The market is heavily driven by the sales of prophylactic vaccine treatments to prevent infection. Currently, trivalent intramuscular vaccines such as Sanofi's Fluzone and Vaxigrip, GlaxoSmithKline's Fluarix and FluLaval and Novartis' Fluvirin garner the majority stake of the market. However, with the entrance of vaccines with novel routes of administration, such as AstraZeneca's intranasal FluMist and Sanofi's Fluzone IntraDermal, GlobalData projects a dramatic shift favoring the adoption of such vaccines over the traditional intramuscular vaccines. GlobalData also anticipates that manufacturers that launch quadrivalent formulations will steal market share, patient share, and revenue from the trivalent influenza vaccines currently available.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
The British influenza vaccine market is valued at approximately $70.4 million in 2012. The expected drivers of growth include the recently announced influenza vaccine subsidies for children, launch of quadrivalent influenza vaccines and an increase in the elderly population.
The market leader is GSK's Fluarix. Fluarix has established itself atop the British influenza vaccine market due to GSK's home-field advantage, Fluarix's history of safe and effective use (available in UK since 1988), and Fluarix's low cost (almost 10% cheaper than the average cost of its competitors). GSK is expected to increase its UK market share with the introduction of a quadrivalent formulation of FluLaval in 2013.
- Overview of seasonal influenza, including epidemiology, etiology, symptoms, diagnosis, pathology and treatment guidelines as well as an overview on the competitive landscape.
- Detailed information on the key drugs in the UK including product description, safety and efficacy profiles as well as a SWOT analysis.
- Sales forecast for the top drugs in the UK from 2012 to 2022.
- Analysis of the impact of key events as well the drivers and restraints affecting the UK seasonal influenza market.
Reasons to Get this Report
- Understand and capitalize by identifying products that are most likely to ensure a robust return
- Stay ahead of the competition by understanding the changing competitive landscape for seasonal influenza
- Effectively plan your M&A and partnership strategies by identifying drugs with the most promising sales potential
- Make more informed business decisions from insightful and in-depth analysis of drug performance
- Obtain sales forecast for drugs from 2012 to 2022 in the UK.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Pharmaceuticals research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- PharmaPoint: Seasonal Influenza Vaccines United States Drug Forecast and Market Analysis
- PharmaPoint: Seasonal Influenza Vaccines France Drug Forecast and Market Analysis
- PharmaPoint: Seasonal Influenza Vaccines Italy Drug Forecast and Market Analysis
- PharmaPoint: Seasonal Influenza Vaccines Spain Drug Forecast and Market Analysis
- PharmaPoint: Seasonal Influenza Vaccines Japan Drug Forecast and Market Analysis
- PharmaPoint: Seasonal Influenza Vaccines China Drug Forecast and Market Analysis
- PharmaPoint: Seasonal Influenza Vaccines India Drug Forecast and Market Analysis
- PharmaPoint: Rheumatoid Arthritis - United Kingdom Drug Forecast and Market Analysis Event-Driven Update
- Influenza VLP Vaccine (Seasonal Influenza Vaccines) Forecast and Market Analysis
- Seasonal Influenza Vaccines Market in Top Seven Countries to 2018 - Next Generation Quadrivalent Vaccines to Dominate the Market by Offering Broader Protection via Single Dose