Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 01/25/2013 -- Pioneer Natural Resources Company (Pioneer) is an independent oil and gas company with operations in the US. The company's headquarters are located in Irving, Texas. Its E&P activities in the US are primarily carried out in the Rockies, Mid Continent, South Texas, Alaska, the Permian Basin and the Eagle Ford and Barnett shales. Earlier, the company also had operations in Tunisia and South Africa. However, Pioneer sold all of its Tunisian assets in February 2011 for $853.6m. Moreover, the company divested its South African assets in Q3, thereby concentrating its operations only in the US.
Pioneer has been carrying out major development activities in the Permian basin, Eagle Ford shale and Barnett Combo play to boost its overall portfolio. The majority of the company's resource potential is located in the Spraberry field in the Permian basin, which held around 2 billion barrels of oil equivalent of net resources as of June 2012. The resource potential in this field is expected to mainly comprise of oil. Pioneer plans to focus more on the development of oil-rich assets rather than natural gas assets. Therefore, the Spraberry field is expected to be the major driver for Pioneer's reserves and production in the future. Apart from this field, the company's liquids-rich drilling activities to boost its upstream portfolio are also focused on the Eagle Ford shale and the Barnett Combo play. It is also developing its assets in Alaska and the Mid-Continent region.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
- Key Highlights: This section provides detailed analysis on the company's overall oil and gas value chain, new projects, growth opportunities, new ventures, assets performance, hedging strategies, Capex funding, geographical results of oil and gas operations.
- Goals and Strategies: This section provides the upcoming goals and strategies of the company. The section mainly goals and strategies followed by the company in order to meet its upcoming goals.
- SWOT: The report's SWOT section provides the internal strength, weakness, opportunities and threats of company to reflect its strategic positions in the market.
- Production and Development Overview: This section highlights the company's crude oil and natural gas production forecast from its legacy and upcoming assets by region and commodity mix for next five years. The report also covers the detailed information and analysis on the company's producing and development assets.
- Exploration: This section includes detailed explanation and analysis on the company's exploration assets resulted due to new discoveries, new drilling and other activities.
- Peer Group Analysis: This section compares the company's performance with its peer group on the basis of share prices, financial ratios, operational and financial parameters and other related parameters.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Energy research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Pioneer Natural Resources Company Oil & Gas Exploration and Production Operations and Cost Analysis - Q3, 2011
- Pioneer Natural Resources Company Analysis Across the Oil and Gas Value Chain Report
- Pioneer Natural Resources Company (PXD) - Oil & Gas - Deals and Alliances Profile
- Top 20 Large-Cap North America Independent Exploration and Production (E&P) Companies: Financial & Operational Fundamental Analysis and Benchmarking-2012
- EOG Resources Inc., Company Intelligence Report
- Pioneer Natural Resources Company (PXD) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- EXCO Resources Inc, Company Intelligence Report
- Quicksilver Resources Inc, Company Intelligence Report
- Pioneer Natural Resources Company - SWOT Analysis
- Range Resources Corporation, Company Intelligence Report