New Pharmaceuticals research report from Datamonitor is now available from Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 09/04/2012 -- Datamonitor conducted a primary research survey of 140 psychiatrists across the seven major markets on their schizophrenia treatment choices and prescribing habits. A greater understanding of unmet needs and the factors that influence the prescription of drugs will aid companies in effectively positioning their treatments in the increasingly competitive schizophrenia market.
- Understand the key unmet needs in the current management of schizophrenia.
- Gauge the attributes of a drug that most influence physician prescribing behavior.
- Review the recommendations of available schizophrenia treatment guidelines.
- Understand which points within the schizophrenia patient care pathway pharmaceutical companies can influence.
- Understand the different marketing strategies for key antipsychotic brands.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Psychiatrists rate improved efficacy of treatments for negative symptoms as the greatest unmet need. This unmet need presents a commercial opportunity for novel treatments to achieve product differentiation in the increasingly competitive antipsychotics market.
Treatment options are required for patients with refractory schizophrenia. Therefore, antipsychotics with superior efficacy will be a welcome addition to the physician's armamentarium.
Prescribers' decisions are predominantly influenced by the efficacy of treatments for positive symptoms. New treatments with superior efficacy and tolerability would be welcomed, although they would need to compete with generics and well-established brands.
Reasons to Get this Report
- What are the key areas of unmet need in the current management of schizophrenia?
- How do different attributes of a drug's profile influence psychiatrists' prescribing decisions for their patients with schizophrenia?
- How do schizophrenia patients progress through the care pathway and what do the current treatment guidelines recommend?
- What marketing strategies are most widely employed within the schizophrenia market?
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Pharmaceuticals research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Treatment Algorithms: Schizophrenia - New antipsychotic launches underwhelm
- Antipsychotics Market to 2017 - Patent Expiries for Zyprexa, Abilify, Seroquel and Geodon and the Launch of Generic Versions Will Limit Commercial Opportunities for Pipeline Molecules
- Saphris (Schizophrenia) - Analysis and Forecasts to 2020
- Seroquel (Schizophrenia) - Analysis and Forecasts to 2020
- Latuda (Schizophrenia) - Analysis and Forecasts to 2020
- Invega (Schizophrenia) - Analysis and Forecasts to 2020
- Invega Sustenna (Schizophrenia) - Analysis and Forecasts to 2020
- Prescribing Influences: Allergic Rhinitis - Treatment tolerability remains a key differentiator
- Cariprazine (Schizophrenia) - Analysis and Forecasts to 2020
- Abilify (Schizophrenia) - Analysis and Forecasts to 2020
Copyright © 2005-2013 - SBWire, The Small Business Newswire - All Rights Reserved - Important Disclaimer
Contact Us: 888-4-SBWIRE (US) - 920-321-1250 (International)