New Pharmaceuticals research report from GBI Research is now available from Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 05/15/2012 -- GBI Research, the leading business intelligence provider, has released its latest research "Pricing and Reimbursement in Generics - European Austerity Measures and Healthcare Cost Containment Puts Innovation-Driven Pharma Companies under Pressure". The report provides a comprehensive overview of the healthcare expenditure, healthcare regulatory system, and pricing and reimbursement process with key data, information and analysis of pricing and reimbursement decisions, across 19 countries. The report closely scrutinizes the major changes in generic drugs-related pricing and reimbursement in the 19 countries over recent years and whose impact will be felt in the near future. It also describes the efforts taken by the governing bodies in shaping the pricing and reimbursement policies of generic drugs.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
GBI Research has found that expenditure towards healthcare has shown an increasing trend in most of the countries due to rising costs, resulting in budget deficits. In order to save costs, many countries have adopted reference pricing as it helps lower drug costs. Plans to increase generic drug prescription and low-cost generic drug use are being implemented in order to tackle budget deficits. Austerity measures that include price cuts and rebate reforms have been introduced in some of the countries with a view to generate maximum savings within a given period of time. These steps are being taken to build sufficient funds for future investment purposes. In most countries the focus has shifted to generic drugs as they have been successful in bringing these countries out of crisis; the countries have reformed their pricing and reimbursement structure accordingly.
- A detailed study of the healthcare systems in the US, France, Germany, the UK, Italy and Spain, the Czech Republic, Poland, Austria, Romania, Hungary, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Denmark, Japan, Australia, China and India.
- Analysis of the pricing and reimbursement mechanisms for the countries covered in the report.
- Key trends that follow from the recent changes brought about in the pricing and reimbursement system.
- An understanding of the possible major challenges brought about by the enactment of changes in the pricing and reimbursement scenario for the countries covered in the report.
Reasons to Get this Report
- Build an understanding of the generic drugs-related key pricing and reimbursement mechanisms for the countries covered in the report.
- Optimize your investment through identification and understanding of the changes in the generic drugs regulatory mechanisms, and pricing and reimbursement scenario for the countries covered in the report.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Pharmaceuticals research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Pharmaceutical Key Trends 2011 - Healthcare System and Drug Regulatory Overview: Cost-containment and regulatory pressures intensify
- Japan Pharmaceutical Market Overview Regulatory reforms will stimulate generics uptake
- Pharmaceutical Pricing and Reimbursement in Europe - Reference Pricing and Similar Initiatives Being Applied to Innovative Drugs Pose Significant Challenge to Pharmaceutical Companies
- China Pharmaceutical Market Overview
- Italy Pharmaceutical Market Overview Generic penetration set to rise
- France Pharmaceutical Market Overview - Austerity measures will impact pharmaceutical market growth
- UK Pharmaceutical Market Overview - Pricing and reimbursement challenges dampen future growth
- Brazil Pharmaceutical Market Overview - Expanding healthcare access drives double-digit sales growth
- Pharmaceutical Pricing and Reimbursement: Strategies for market access across the US, Europe, Japan and other key geographies
- Russia Pharmaceutical Market Overview Pharma companies target Russia despite the challenges it presents
Copyright © 2005-2014 - SBWire, The Small Business Newswire - All Rights Reserved - Important Disclaimer
Contact Us: 888-4-SBWIRE (US) - 920-593-5640 (International)