Fast Market Research recommends "Advanced in the Rheumatoid Arthritis Market" from Espicom Business Intelligence, now available
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 04/03/2014 -- Rheumatoid arthritis (RA) is a chronic disorder for which there is currently no cure. It affects around 23.5 million adults in the world (WHO, 2013) and approximately 294,000 children under the age of 18 are affected by pediatric arthritis and other rheumatologic conditions (PhRMA, 2013).
In 2012, immunology drugs generated global sales of around US$36.6bn of which two thirds were associated with the management rheumatology related conditions (US$24.5bn), the remainder of sales were split evenly between the treatment of dermatological and gastroenterology related conditions. Revenues growth has been driven by improvements in diagnosis and early, more aggressive treatment of RA, the approval of new disease modifying anti rheumatic drugs (DMARDs), new formulations/devices and line extensions. By 2018, we forecast the immunology market will be worth over US$38.5bn as leading players focus on growing their RA franchises in the emerging markets, launch innovative targeted synthetic DMARDs and biologic DMARDs to address unmet clinical needs and biosimilars emerge in the European market to carve out US$3bn share of revenues.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
The market is on the cusp of change as the first orally active biologic Xeljanz (tofacitimib) from Pfizer/Takeda entered the US market at the end of 2012; several new synthetic and biological DMARDs are in late stage clinical development and Europe approved the first biosimilar generic infliximab (Remicade) from Celltrion/Egis and Hospira in September 2013. Generic entanercept (Enbrel) is not far behind from Baxter/Cogerus and several manufacturers have begun to make copycat versions of Humira which goes off patent in the US in 2016.
This report examines in more detail the recent developments that have occurred in the RA market, including the expansion of approved products for new indications, formulations and new market launches and analyses the progression of pipeline products. It assesses how the new American College of Rheumatology (ACR) and European League against Rheumatism (EULAR) guidelines will impact product uptake and discusses the potential impact of biosimilars on the global RA market.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Pharmaceuticals research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Frontier Pharma: Rheumatoid Arthritis - Identifying and Commercializing First-in-Class Innovation
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Partnering 2007-2013
- Rheumatoid Arthritis - Pipeline Review, H2 2013
- Trends in Therapeutic Partnering
- Pain Management Therapeutics Market to 2019 - Impact of Patent Expiries Offset by Demand for Neuropathic and Rheumatoid Pain Medications and Strong Pipeline
- Advanced In Vitro Cell Technologies S.L. - Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare - Deals and Alliances Profile
- Psoriatic Arthritis Global Clinical Trials Review, H2, 2013
- Arthritis Global Clinical Trials Review, H2, 2013
- Gouty Arthritis (Gout) Global Clinical Trials Review, H2, 2013
- Advanced Cell Technology, Inc. (ACTC) - Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare - Deals and Alliances Profile