New Materials market report from Markets and Markets: "Agrochemicals Market - Global Market Trends & Forecast to 2018"
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 02/26/2014 -- Agrochemicals Market by Type (Fertilizers, Pesticides), by Fertilizer Type (Nitrogenous, Potassic, Phosphatic), by Pesticide Type (Organophosphates, Pyrethroids, Neonicotinoides, Bio-Pesticides), & Sub-types - Global Market Trends & Forecast to 2018
Pesticides are chemical or biological substances used to protect crops from pests that can destroy or harm them. Pesticides repel, destroy, or reduce pests including insects, pathogens, weeds, and microbes. Over the last 40 years, pesticides have come up as an indispensable tool to increase crop production, globally. Chemically and on the basis of usage, pesticides can be categorized as organochlorines, organophosphates, pyrethroids, fungicides, and insecticides. Though, still in the emerging stage, biological pesticides are more beneficial and nontoxic in nature.
Besides carbon, hydrogen, and oxygen, plants require different types of nutrients for their growth. Most of the nutrients, such as nitrogen, phosphorus, sulfur, and potassium are found in the soil itself. But due to year-by-year farming, soil erosion, and other factors, soil loses its potential to supply the required amount of nutrients to the crops. In order to overcome this, fertilizers are used to fulfill the deficiencies in the soil so that it can supply essential nutrients to the plants. The chemical/inorganic fertilizers are commercially produced in the form of granules or powders, and are mainly classified into three categories: nitrogen fertilizers, phosphorus fertilizers, and potassium fertilizers.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
It has been observed that the focus of the agrochemicals industry is moving towards the development of agrochemicals. This is not just increasing crop productivity and protecting them from pesticides, but also working mutually with the end use applicators (i.e. farmers) to train and educate them about proper application of fertilizers and pesticides. This practice will provide the customers a value for their money and more efficient use of agrochemicals will restrict the entry of any unwanted chemical in the food chain. Hence, working in association with customers and suppliers, the companies must ensure the supply of products that provides solution to the end-user keeping in mind the sustainability of the environment in which the product will be used.
It has been expected that the global agrochemicals market will grow at a CAGR of 3.0%, over the next five years to reach 401,816.9 KT by 2018. Asia-Pacific, with its thriving economies and rapidly expanding population, is expected to experience the highest consumption from 2013 to 2018.
Companies Mentioned in this Report: AGRIUM INC., BASF S.E., BAYER A.G., DOW AGROSCIENCES LLC., E.I. DU PONT DE NEMOURS & COMPANY, ISRAEL CHEMICALS LTD., INDIAN FARMERS FERTILISER COOPERATIVE, K+S AG, MAKHTESHIM AGAN INDUSTRIES LTD., MONSANTO COMPANY, MOSAIC COMPANY, NUFARM LTD., POTASH CORP. SAS. INC., SOCIEDAD QUIMICA Y MINERA DE CHILE SA, SUMITOMO CHEMICAL, SYNGENTA AG., URALKALI, YARA INTERNATIONAL ASA
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Materials research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Expanded Polystyrene (EPS) Market, by Applications (Building & Construction, Packaging & Others), & Geography (North America, West Europe, Asia-Pacific & Rest of the World) - Global Trends & Forecast to 2018
- Green Coatings Market - Global Trends & Forecast to 2018
- Crop Protection Chemicals Market: Global Trends and Forecast To 2018
- Polymer Foam Market By Types, Applications & Geography - Global Trends & Forecasts to 2018
- Acrylic Acid & Its Derivatives Market - Global Trends & Forecast to 2018
- Automotive Paints Market by Coat Type (Electrocoat, Primer, Basecoat & Clearcoat), by Technology (Solvent-Borne, Waterborne & Powder Coating), Texture Type (Metallic & Solid), Vehicle Type & Geography - Global Trends & Forecast to 2018
- Solar Encapsulation Market by Materials (EVA, PVB, PDMS, Ionomer, TPU, Polyolefin), Technology (Single/Poly-crystalline Silicon, Thin-film (CDTE, CIGS, a-Si), Applications (Construction, Electronics, Automotive): Global Trends & Forecast to 2018
- Coating Additives Market by Function (Rheology Modifiers, Dispersing, Wetting Agent, Impact Modifier, Anti-Foaming), Application (Automotive, Architecture, Industrial), Formulation (Water, Solvent, Powder Based), & Types - Global Trends & Forecast to 2018
- Microfluidics Market By Materials (Polymers, Silicon, Glass), Pharmaceuticals (Microreactors, Toxicity Screening, Lab on Chip, Proteomic & Genomic Analysis) Drug Delivery Devices (Microneedles, Micropumps), IVD (POC) - Global Trends & Forecast to 2018
- Cloud Based Business Analytics Market: Cloud BI, Predictive; Text; Web; Speech; Machine; & Video Analytics, Delivery Models, Market Trends, Enterprise Roadmap - Global Forecast and Analysis (2013 - 2018)