New Food market report from Business Monitor International: "Australia Agribusiness Report Q1 2013"
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 03/05/2013 -- BMI View: The Australian agriculture sector is still recovering from a decade of subdued production growth due to extreme weather and a lack of investment. The industry is expected to remain buoyant in 2012/13, largely supported by export demand from Asia and higher prices for grains and oilseeds. Crop exports are expected to outperform livestock as demand slows on the back of higher prices and greater price sensitivity for those products.
- Beef production growth to 2016/17: 9.0% to 2.3mn tonnes. We expect Australia to remain a significant exporter of the meat over the long term despite growing competition from the US.
- Sugar production growth to 2016/17: 31.5% to 4.9mn tonnes. Industry consolidation will encourage economies of scale and will very likely boost output over the forecast period.
- Milk production growth to 2016/17: 6.0% to 10.1mn tonnes. Improved economies of scale will support the growth of milk production in order to meet growing export demand.
- 2013 real GDP growth: 0.9%, down from 2.1% in 2012. Forecast to average 2.4% from 2012 to 2017.
- 2013 consumer price index: 1.4%, down from 1.6% in 2012. Forecast to average 2.2% from 2012 to 2017.
- 2013 central bank policy rate (end of period): 2.50%, down from 3.00% in 2012.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Food research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Morocco Agribusiness Report Q1 2013
- South Korea Agribusiness Report Q1 2013
- Mozambique Agribusiness Report Q1 2013
- Colombia Agribusiness Report Q1 2013
- New Zealand Agribusiness Report Q1 2013
- Japan Agribusiness Report Q1 2013
- China Agribusiness Report Q1 2013
- South Africa Agribusiness Report Q1 2013
- Spain Agribusiness Report Q1 2013
- Italy Agribusiness Report Q1 2013
Copyright © 2005-2013 - SBWire, The Small Business Newswire - All Rights Reserved - Important Disclaimer
Contact Us: 888-4-SBWIRE (US) - 920-321-1250 (International)