New Fixed Networks research report from Business Monitor International is now available from Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 12/19/2012 -- BMI View: Bulgaria's mobile sector contracted in Q212 in line with our view that the market is close to saturation. Although we expect positive growth over our five-year forecast period, ending 2017, we retain the view that network operators will focus more on revenue growth through high-value services in the future. We also retain a positive outlook for fixed (telephony and internet) sector, which we expect to benefit from the growing demand for converged services and the injection of much needed capital following consolidation and the arrival of new investors.
- BMI five-year forecasts for the mobile, fixed-line and internet sectors, as well as mobile ARPU, are extended to 2017 in this quarter's update.
- The Mobile sector contracted by 0.7% q-o-q in Q212, the first quarterly contraction since Q310.
- Market weighted average ARPU rose 4.7% q-o-q in Q212 to partly reverse a sharp decline in the previous quarter.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Bulgaria remains in the 11th position on our Risk/Reward Ratings (RRR) table in this quarter's update, with no change to its aggregate score from the previous quarter or its ratings in any of our four ratings categories. Bulgaria scores below the regional average in all four of our ratings categories, while the country's aggregate score of 46.7 is 2.3 points below the overall regional average. Bulgaria's lowest rating is in the Industry Rewards category where a combination of declining subscriber growth and rapidly falling ARPU are among factors impacting on its ratings.
Key Trends And Developments
In our previous update, we highlighted how the sale of incumbent operator Vivacom dominated Bulgaria's telecoms market during the first half of 2012. During Q312, one of the groups that expressed late interest in the operator - a consortium comprising Russia's VTB Capital and Bulgaria's Corporate Commercial Bank - reached an agreement with creditor banks to buy a 70% stake in the operator.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Fixed Networks research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Greece Telecommunications Report Q1 2013
- Philippines Telecommunications Report Q1 2013
- Turkey Telecommunications Report Q1 2013
- Belgium Telecommunications Report Q1 2013
- Estonia Telecommunications Report Q1 2012
- India Real Estate Report Q1 2013
- Brazil Real Estate Report Q1 2013
- Brazil Defence & Security Report Q1 2013
- Saudi Arabia Real Estate Report Q1 2013
- Croatia Defence & Security Report Q1 2013