Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 03/10/2014 -- To overcome the challenges of capex optimization, Pyramid Research has developed the MASI framework, a methodology for generating ways of reducing capex that are adapted to each operator's situation. This Insider presents a selection of 17 MASI-generated techniques for capex optimization in LTE and FTTH deployments: examples of fiber access and mobile broadband implementations come from the Middle East and Africa, plus some developed-market players. Pyramid Research Insiders track market, business and regulatory developments in the telecom sector globally to help you compete in all markets.
Introduction and Landscape
Capex optimization has become crucial to business survival for telecom operators, especially in saturated, highly competitive markets, such as some GCC countries, and in markets characterized by challenging geography, such as many Sub-Saharan countries with scattered populations. To help telecom leaders overcome these growing challenges, Pyramid Research has developed the MASI framework. Tailored to consulting audits and inspired by the Lean Six Sigma principles, MASI is a methodology for generating ways of reducing capex that are adapted to each operator's situation. This Insider presents a selection of 17 techniques for deploying LTE and FTTH in a capex-efficient way. They result from the application of the MASI framework to the capex profiles of a wide variety of operators. Two sections of this report, one on LTE deployments and another on rollouts of fiber access networks, develop each of these capex-effective techniques and illustrate them with examples of fiber and mobile broadband implementations from the Middle East and Africa as well as some developed-market players. Operators can already use these best practices for controlled 4G and FTTH deployments."
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Wireless research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- The Definitive Guide to 4G Technology and LTE Business Intelligence
- Taiwan: 4G Auction Coming as Operator Capex Peaks with FTTH and LTE Investments
- Carrier WiFi and Small Cells in LTE & Beyond: Market Opportunities and Forecasts 2013 - 2018
- Strategies for Small Cell Network Deployments for 4G and Beyond
- Mobile Network Operator Revenue Improvement and Profitability Enhancement
- Mobile Financial Services in Africa: Deployment and Configuration Strategies for Operators
- LTE Business Strategy 2013
- LTE Strategy 2013 - 2018
- Mobile Network Operator Machine-to-Machine (M2M) Strategies
- Russia: Fiber Ambitions to Boost Telecom Market; LTE Rollouts Await Operator Consensus