Fast Market Research recommends "Central Nervous System Drug Delivery Specialists" from Datamonitor, now available
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 11/27/2012 -- The blood-brain barrier (BBB) is so effective at limiting the passage of exogenous substances that many drugs with the potential to treat CNS diseases are rendered ineffective by their inability to reach their target. Consequently, companies that develop innovative delivery technologies are in a position to play a vital role in CNS drug development.
- Identify the leading companies with innovative technologies designed to enhance CNS drug delivery.
- Compare the technologies that each company has developed and the diseases to which they are being applied.
- Evaluate each company's pipeline of products and the intellectual property on which these are based.
- Assess the alliances that have been formed to maximize the opportunities for commercial exploitation of the innovations.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Many drug delivery specialists have developed novel technology platforms to improve the passive or active transport of therapeutics across the blood-brain barrier through the encapsulation of drugs within liposomes (ArmaGen Technologies, Corden Pharma Switzerland), bolaamphiphilic vesicles (Lauren Sciences), and nanoparticles (to-BBB Technologies).
There has been success in circumventing the BBB by developing biodegradable implants (Durect Corporation) and programmable infusion devices (DePuy, Flowonix, Medtronic) for the localized delivery of drugs.
Intranasal delivery, which allows direct nose-to-brain access through the olfactory region, holds much promise. Medical device companies Kurve Technology, Impel NeuroPharma, and OptiNose have all developed devices that are compatible with intranasal delivery, and several products are now under evaluation.
Reasons to Get this Report
- Which companies are at the cutting-edge of CNS drug delivery technology?
- How extensive are the patent portfolios supporting the company's innovations?
- What alliances have been formed to accelerate the commercial exploitation of the delivery technologies?
- What are the prospects of success for each company's technological innovations?
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Pharmaceuticals research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Other Central Nervous System Disorders Global Clinical Trials Review, Q1, 2011
- Other Central Nervous System Disorders - Pipeline Review, H2 2012
- Advances in Delivery to the Central Nervous System
- Drug Delivery Device Market to 2017 - Metered Dose Inhalers and Infusion Pumps to be Key Revenue Generators
- Endpoints - Clinical Trials in CNS Disorders - Multiple Endpoints and Ratings Scales are Becoming More Widely Adopted
- GPCRs in Drug Discovery - Efforts to De-Orphanize Novel GPCR Targets are Increasing
- Advanced Oral & Parenteral Drug Delivery Technologies Players, Products & Prospects to 2015
- Switzerland Drug Delivery Devices Investment Opportunities, Analysis and Forecasts to 2017
- Ireland Drug Delivery Devices Investment Opportunities, Analysis and Forecasts to 2017
- Norway Drug Delivery Devices Investment Opportunities, Analysis and Forecasts to 2017