New Food market report from Euromonitor International: "Cheese in Russia"
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 06/10/2014 -- Despite being conservative Russians are changing their attitude towards cheese consumption, choosing soft cheese or more sophisticated hard cheese. This trend is taking place alongside increasing incomes and growing interest in European cuisines, where cheese is one of the main ingredients. Salads, starters, main courses and desserts with mozzarella, blue-veined cheese and mascarpone have become common dishes for inhabitants of big cities. On the other hand, interest in processed cheese is easing, due to growing health concerns and accessible alternatives.
Valio St Petersburg ZAO remained the leading company in Russian cheese in 2013, accounting for an 8% value share. In the face of strong competition from both local and international manufacturers Valio was able to ensure high levels of trust among consumers. Despite foreign origins, Valio has its own manufacturing facilities inside the country, which allow it to provide accessible solutions. The portfolio of Valio cheese is rather diverse and offers very specific products, such as low fat cheese Oltermanni and lactose-free cheese, etc. Valio products are associated with high quality and are strongly promoted within retail and mass media. Hochland Russland OOO, known for its processed cheese, was ranked second.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
The consumption of cheese will continue to rise in Russia in the forecast period. The perception of cheese as a non-essential ingredient will gradually change, along with the increasing international cuisine culture. More often cheese will be perceived as an independent product, with more sophisticated products emerging. The transformation of the category will see a shift from traditional yellow hard cheese to more sophisticated hard and soft variants. Processed cheese will continue to lose share.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Cheese industry in Russia with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Cheese industry in Russia, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Cheese in Russia market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Food research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Cheese Markets in the World to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Cheese Markets in the Top 5 European Countries to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Cheese Markets in the Top 5 Asian Countries to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Cheese Markets in the Top 5 American Countries to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Cheese Markets in Eastern Europe to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Cheese Markets in Western Europe to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Cheese Markets in Americas to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Cheese Markets in Asia to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Cheese Markets in Europe to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Cheese Markets in Africa to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts