New Transportation market report from Business Monitor International: "Chile Freight Transport Report Q2 2013"
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 04/30/2013 -- BMI maintains its broadly positive outlook of the Chilean freight transport sector for Q213. A cyclical uptick in Chinese growth that began in Q412 has caused us to revise up both our real GDP forecast for 2013, from 4.0% to 4.2%. That said, we continue to believe that lower trend growth in China over the 2013-2017 forecast period will keep Chilean export growth off of the brisk pace it recorded in the middle of the past decade. We expect much of the slowdown will occur in 2013 and 2014, with increasing global growth will help Chile's export picture recover from 2015 onward. We see domestic demand trending lower in 2013 and 2014, too, mostly on easing investment and relatively less robust growth in private consumption.
Headline Industry Data
- Air freight tonnage is forecast to rise by 5.6% in 2013 to reach 338,200 tonnes.
- Total tonnes at the Port of Valparaiso forecast to rise 8.9%, to 11.29mn tonnes in 2013, with average growth of 7.29% over the next five years.
- Rail freight tonnage is forecast to rise 1.0% in 2013, reaching 27.9mn tonnes, with average growth of 1.1% over the next five years.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Key Industry Trends
LATAM Reports Increase In Freight Carried - Cargo traffic for LATAM Airlines Group increased 3.1% in December 2012 as capacity increased 5.5%. As a consequence, the cargo load factor decreased 1.4 points to 61.3%. The increase in traffic was driven by a stronger seasonal demand as compared to December 2011, which was partially offset by weaker imports into Latin America.
Strike Risks Remain For Chilean Ports - Recent strike action across a number of Chile's ports ended in October 2012 after the government agreed on a new settlement. The port workers, represented by several unions, went on strike for 12 days in the Port of San Antonio and in areas such as Conception (Lirquen, San Vicente and Talcahuano ports) as well in Chanaral and Huasco. The action was in support of a wage and benefits claim.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Transportation research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Australia Freight Transport Report Q2 2013
- Vietnam Freight Transport Report Q2 2013
- Belgium Freight Transport Report Q2 2013
- Poland Freight Transport Report Q2 2013
- United Arab Emirates Freight Transport Report Q2 2013
- Malaysia Freight Transport Report Q2 2013
- Argentina Freight Transport Report Q2 2013
- Egypt Freight Transport Report Q2 2013
- Israel Freight Transport Report Q2 2013
- Iran Freight Transport Report Q2 2013