Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 06/25/2014 -- In line with our optimism towards the Chinese healthcare sector, many multinational pharmaceutical firms continue to record healthy double-digit revenue growth in Q114, despite the economic slowdown. Given the attractiveness of the Chinese pharmaceutical market (due to its ageing population, increasingly personal wealth and government support for healthcare), we expect continued investments from foreign investors into the pharmaceutical and healthcare sector.
Headline Expenditure Projections
- Pharmaceuticals: CNY532.4bn (US$86.6bn) in 2013 to CNY610.8bn (US$99.7bn) in 2014; +14.7% in local currency and +15.1% in US dollar terms. Forecast remains unchanged from Q213.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
- Healthcare: CNY3,230.8bn (US$525.5bn) in 2013 to CNY3,692.0bn (US$602.6bn) in 2014; +14.3% in local currency terms and +14.7% in US dollar terms. Forecast upgraded due to receipt of new data from the World Health Organization.
China's Pharmaceutical Risk/Reward Rating (RRR) score for Q314 is 64.4 out of the maximum 100 in our newly improved RRR system. The country scored above average for the majority of the indicators and sub-indicators, including overall market expenditure, sector value growth, patent respect and policy continuity. In this quarter, the country is ranked sixth, behind Hong Kong but in front of Singapore in the 19 key Asia Pacific markets.
Key Trends And Developments
- In April 2014, eight departments of the Chinese government, namely the National Health and Family Planning Commission (NHFPC), National Development Reform Commission (NDRC), China Food and Drug Administration (CFDA), Ministry of Finance (MOF), Ministry of Industry and Information Technology (MIIT), Ministry of Human Resources and Social Security (MHRSS), and the Ministry of Commerce and State Administration of Traditional Chinese Medicine (SATCM), have released a statement announcing a policy that will secure the supply of commonly used low-price drugs.
- In March 2014, Bayer acquired...
The China Pharmaceuticals and Healthcare Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s forecasts for drugs and healthcare expenditure and imports and exports, focusing on the growth outlook for the prescription, OTC, patented drugs and generics market segments.
BMI's China Pharmaceuticals and Healthcare Report provides industry professionals, strategists, company executives, investors, analysts and sales/marketing heads with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the Chinese pharmaceutical and healthcare industry.
- Benchmark BMI's independent pharmaceutical and healthcare industry forecasts for China to test other views - a key input for successful budgeting and strategic business planning in the Chinese pharmaceutical and healthcare market.
- Target business opportunities and risks in the Chinese pharmaceutical and healthcare sector through our reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes and major deals, projects and investments in China.
- Assess the activities, strategy and market position of your competitors, partners and clients via our Company Profiles (inc. SWOTs, KPIs and latest activity) and Competitive Landscape Tables.
BMI Industry View & Industry SWOT
An at-a-glance perspective on latest regulatory developments, key forecast indicators and major corporate developments, covering the prescription, OTC and generics markets. The SWOT outlines strategic factors which affect BMI's forecast analysis, and taken together with BMI's political, economic and business environment SWOTS, it gives a complete overview of market climate.
Snapshot of key market characteristics, including total size of pharmaceuticals and healthcare segments, growth drivers, leading therapeutic areas and the competitive landscape.
Details of the industry regulatory framework and key legislation covering the licensing of new products/services, pricing and reimbursements, intellectual property, taxation and advertising, as well as an analysis of the overall regulatory burden.
Focus on government healthcare reforms, epidemiological trends, company M&As, product launches, market entries, FDI activity, R&D, biotechnology, clinical trials and supply chain issues.
BMI Industry Forecasts
Forecasts to end-2018 for all key industry indicators (see list below) supported by explicit assumptions, plus analysis of key downside risks to the main forecast, including:
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Healthcare research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Egypt Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q3 2014
- Peru Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q3 2014
- France Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q3 2014
- Turkey Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q3 2014
- Slovenia Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q3 2014
- Jordan Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q3 2014
- Estonia Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q3 2014
- Saudi Arabia Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q3 2014
- Kenya Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q3 2014
- Bulgaria Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q3 2014