Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 07/07/2014 -- The best performing product in 2012, deodorant sticks, continues to benefit from the launch of the Clinical Protection range by Unilever Australia's Dove and Rexona brands. The range carries universal appeal, being rolled out across the brand's men's and women's ranges and offers performance based protection against wetness as well as odour control and skin moisturisation. Deodorant sticks saw current value 48% value growth in 2012.
Unilever Australia maintained its leading position in deodorants in 2012, increasing its share to 64% in value terms. The company's performance can be attributed to its strong investment and brand-building in its portfolio, which includes Lynx, Rexona, Impulse and Dove. Each brand portfolio has a unique and differentiated proposition which caters to the needs of various market segments. With this portfolio, Unilever manages to cover the needs of the market exhaustively. Interestingly, Dove performed well in 2012, increasing its value share to 8%. The deodorant line effectively leveraged on the halo of its parent brand, with Dove having very strong equity in overall beauty and personal care, while both Dove and Rexona continue to aggressively target the high growth men's toiletries market.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Deodorants is expected to grow at a constant value CAGR of 2% over the forecast period. A strong start to the summer 2012/13 period and meteorological forecasts suggest one of the hottest summers in recent history. This will have a positive impact on deodorant sales as consumers seek antiperspirant and odour control attributes, particularly in the humid conditions of Northern Australia.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Deodorants industry in Australia with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Deodorants industry in Australia, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Deodorants in Australia market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Deodorants in Australia?
- What are the major brands in Australia?
- Which deodorant formats are seeing most dynamic growth?
- What are the key trends in product development?
Reasons to Get this Report
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
Product coverage: Deodorant Creams, Deodorant Pumps, Deodorant Roll-Ons, Deodorant Sprays, Deodorant Sticks, Deodorant Wipes.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Consumer Goods research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Anti-Perspirants and Deodorants Market in Austria to 2017
- Anti-Perspirants and Deodorants Market in Mexico to 2017
- Anti-Perspirants and Deodorants Market in Belgium to 2017
- Anti-Perspirants and Deodorants Market in Malaysia to 2017
- Anti-Perspirants and Deodorants Market in the United Kingdom to 2017
- Anti-Perspirants and Deodorants Market in Saudi Arabia to 2017
- Anti-Perspirants and Deodorants Market in Portugal to 2017
- Anti-Perspirants and Deodorants Market in France to 2017
- Anti-Perspirants and Deodorants Market in Denmark to 2017
- Anti-Perspirants and Deodorants Market in New Zealand to 2017