Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 06/24/2014 -- A long summer impacted the sales of topical allergy remedies/antihistamines and especially the brand Eurax, which is effective for treating allergic reactions due to insect bites and other allergies.
Bayer AS led sales of dermatologicals with 22% value share, followed by Meda AS with 11% in 2013. Bayer, which gained two percentage points from 20% in 2012, has the highly popular brand Canesten under its wing. Being the most sold brand in both topical antifungals and vaginal antifungals with value share of 41% and 89% respectively, Canesten was the preferred antifungal product by the Norwegian (female) population. Providing combination products with vagitories and cream, Bayer's vaginal antifungal product enjoys great confidence among Norwegian females. Bayer also manufactures the haemorrhoid treatment remedy Scheriproct, which grew by 69% in value sales in 2013.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
There are certain dermatologicals which have high growth potential; there was traditionally a stigma attached to haemorrhoid treatments and vaginal antifungals as well as hair loss treatments. These products offer relief to very common conditions that occur amongst Norwegians and might be a future prospect if marketed correctly or through public campaigns.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Medicated Skin Care industry in Norway with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Medicated Skin Care industry in Norway, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Medicated Skin Care in Norway market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Medicated Skin Care in Norway?
- What are the major brands in Norway?
- What are the most popular formats for acne treatments?
Reasons to Get this Report
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Healthcare research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Dermatologicals in France
- Dermatologicals in the US
- Dermatologicals in Thailand
- Dermatologicals in Israel
- Dermatologicals in Ireland
- Dermatologicals in Japan
- Dermatologicals in Bolivia
- Dermatologicals in Bosnia-Herzegovina
- Dermatologicals in Ukraine
- Dermatologicals in South Korea