Recently published research from Markets and Markets, "Directed Energy Weapon Market Forecast and Analysis - Global Forecasts and Analysis to 2013-2020", is now available at Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 04/11/2014 -- Directed Energy Weapon Market Forecast and Analysis by Technology (HEL, HPM, Particle Beam), Product (Lethal, Non-Lethal), Application (Defense, Homeland Security) & by Geography (North America, Europe, Latin America, APAC, Middle East) - Global Forecasts and Analysis to 2013-2020
The directed energy weapon market research report categorizes the global market on the basis of technology, application, product, and regions for the forecast period from 2013 to 2020. In the technology sector, three major technologies of directed energy weapons are briefly explained. These technologies include High Energy Laser (HEL), High Power Microwave (HPM), and Particle Beam. The report highlights the market size and the market share for these technologies, of which High Energy Laser technology contributes 52% of the total directed energy weapon's market share.
The report also classifies the application sector which includes the homeland security and defense application. Further, the defense application sector is segmented into three platforms: air, navy, and ground. The market for directed energy weapons in the homeland security application is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 23.3% during the forecast period.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
The market of directed energy weapons has a maximum number of applications in air-based platforms of defense which are estimated to show a significant growth during the forecast period. As the naval platform is investing a huge amount in the demonstration and development of directed energy weapons, it is estimated to have maximum market share by 2020.
The regional analysis offers the market share and size for the major regions of North America, Europe, APAC, the Middle East, and Latin America. Wherein, the directed energy weapon market is majorly acquired by North American and European countries. During the forecast period, the market share for the regions of APAC and the Middle East are estimated to grow at a high CAGR.
The report offers the leading competitors in the directed energy weapons market, the general overview of the companies, and also provides their financial position, key products, and market share.
The future of the directed energy weapons market will be dominated by High Energy Lasers (HELs) for the defense application. However, the High Power Microwave technology will be used in non-lethal weapons for homeland security application.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Defense research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Non-Lethal Weapons Market (2013 - 2018)
- Global Smart Weapons Market - Forecasts & Analysis (2013 - 2018)
- Oil and Gas Security Market [by Applications (Exploration and Drilling, Refining and Storage, Pipeline, Transportation and Distribution), by Technologies (Physical Security, Network Security)] - Global Advancements, Forecasts & Analysis (2013 - 2018)
- The Global Soldier Modernization Market 2014-2024
- Security and Surveillance Radar Market (Land Systems, Airborne Systems, and Naval Systems) - Global Forecasts and Analysis to 2014 - 2020
- Polymer Foam Market By Types, Applications & Geography - Global Trends & Forecasts to 2018
- Energy Security Market by Power Plants (Nuclear, Thermal And Hydro, Oil And Gas And Renewable Energy), By Technologies (Physical, Network Security), Professional Services - Global Advancements, Forecasts & Analysis (2013 - 2018)
- Mass Notification Market by Solutions (In Building, Wide Area, Distributed), by Applications (Emergency Communications, Disaster Recovery, Public Alerts and Warning, Business Ops) - Global Advancements Market Forecasts and Analysis (2013 - 2018)
- Purified Terephthalic Acid Global Market to 2020 - Overcapacity and Declining Margins to Hinder Global Demand in the Short Term
- Energy Management Systems (EMS) Market (Utility EMS, Industrial EMS, Enterprise EMS, Demand Response, Energy Management Devices, HEMS, BEMS) - Worldwide Market Forecasts and Analysis (2013 - 2018)