Fast Market Research recommends "Distributed Generation and Smarter Transmission Tweaking the European Electricity Business Model" from GlobalData, now available
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 12/09/2013 -- Since 2006, the European power sector has had to change according to the new legislation and targets set by the European Union (EU) in the areas of environmental sustainability, security of supply, and competitiveness, the so-called "three pillars" of European Union energy policy. These changes have taken place due to rising demand for electricity, depletion of fossil fuels and increased Carbon Dioxide (CO2) emissions (JRC, 2008). The European nations are now looking for alternative ways to meet the increasing demand for electricity. The integration of Renewable Energy Sources (RES) into the grid to decrease emissions and conserve fossil fuels has been the major aim of the European governments. A number of plans and policies such as the EU Directive 2001/77/EC, Directive 2009/28/EC, and the European Strategic Energy Technology Plan (SET-Plan) have been put in place to support the growth of RES. A number of Distributed Generation (DG) activities are occurring across Europe, which may lead to centralized generation and transmission. The integration of RES into the power grid leads to challenges in terms of grid connection, such as harmonization in grid connection requirements, insufficient curtailment rules, compensation issues, future increases in curtailment, and lack of consideration for RES in national transmission system development plans.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
- Role of distributed generation and smart grid technologies in the present business context
- Major plans and policies driving the growth of renewable energy sources in Europe
- Selected list of distributed generation and smart grid project activities across Europe
- Barriers associated with grid integration of distributed generation in Europe
Reasons to Get This Report
- Gain insight into the benefits involved with decentralized power systems.
- Comprehend the restraints involved with grid integration of distributed generation.
- Identify the key activities and programs driving distributed generation in Europe.
- Gain insight into how distributed generation and smarter transmission is transforming the European electricity business model.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Energy research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Emerging Power Markets in Eastern Europe to 2020 - Governments Encouraging Infrastructure Development by Easing Industry Barriers in Lithuania, Bulgaria, Slovakia, Hungary and Romania
- Major Power Markets in Eastern Europe to 2020 - Renewable Resources, Privatization, and Easing Barriers to Entry in Russia, Czech Republic, Poland, Ukraine and Turkey
- Public Establishment for Electricity Generation and Transmission Company - Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Public Establishment for Electricity Generation and Transmission Company - Power - Deals and Alliances Profile
- Tri-State Generation and Transmission Association, Inc. - Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Power Transmission and Distribution (T&D) Scenario in Europe - Infrastructure, Investment and Regulations Analysis to 2020
- Power Markets in Western Europe to 2020 - Development of a Fully Integrated and Liberalized Electricity Market System to Increase Competitiveness and Improve Efficiency in the Region
- Emerging Power Markets in South and Central America to 2020 - Changing Competitive Dynamics and Clean Energy Investments Position Brazil and Mexico as Regional Leaders
- Emerging Power Markets in South-East Asia, Middle East and Africa to 2020 - Government's Restructuring Reforms Encouraging Private Participation will Enhance Price Competition and Efficiency
- Tri-State Generation and Transmission Association, Inc. - Power Plants and SWOT Analysis, 2012 Update