New Healthcare market report from Markets and Markets: "eClinical Solutions Market - Global Forecast to 2018"
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 02/24/2014 -- eClinical Solutions Market by Products (CDMS/EDC, CTMS, Ecoa , Randomization & Trial Supply Management, Safety), Services, Buyers (Pharma/Biopharma, CROS, Healthcare Providers) & Delivery Modes (Web Hosted, on-Premise, Cloud-Based) - Global Forecast to 2018
The global eClinical solutions market is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 13.5% and is expected to reach ~$5 billion by 2018. Compared to matured markets, the Asia-Pacific region is expected to grow at the highest CAGR of 19.5%. The growth of the eClinical solutions market is primarily triggered by factors such as, growth in the number of clinical trials, increasing government pressure to reduce the cost and time spent on clinical trials, government funding for conducting clinical research, and significant investment on research and development by pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical companies for drug development. However, factors such as high cost of implementation of eClinical systems and scarcity of a skilled workforce for conducting clinical trials are restraining the growth of the eClinical solutions market.
In this market, various factors such as the increasing adoption of cloud computing technology for delivering eClinical solutions and rapid growth in clinical trial outsourcing to CROs (clinical research organizations) based in developing countries such as China, South Korea, and India are presenting new growth opportunities for eClinical solution vendors. Moreover, companies are increasingly adopting the strategy of integrating two or more eClinical systems, to strengthen their footprint in the global eClinical solutions market.
In this report, the global eClinical solutions market is broadly segmented into two categories, namely, products and professional services. The products market is further classified into clinical data management systems (CDMS)/electronic data capture (EDC), clinical trial management systems (CTMS), electronic clinical outcome assessment (eCOA), randomization and trial supply management (RTSM), safety solutions, and others. The others segment includes core lab integration systems, regulatory information management services, and coding systems. The professional services segment includes implementation services, training, support services, and consulting. The products market held the largest share of the global eClinical solutions market and is poised to grow at a CAGR of 13.8% in the forecast period. Factors such as the growing need for data standardization to meet regulatory requirements, rising demand for site and data collection solutions, launch of new eClinical systems, and increasing acceptance of ePRO (electronic patient reported outcome) solutions (due to better work efficiency) are stimulating the growth of the eClinical products market.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Healthcare research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Vision Care Market Outlook in BRICS (Brazil, Russia, India, China, South Africa) to 2018
- mhealth Apps & Solutions Market By Connected Devices (Cardiac Monitoring, Diabetes Management Devices), Health Apps (Exercise, Weight Loss, Women's Health, Sleep and Meditation), Medical Apps (Medical Reference) - Global Trends & Forecast to 2018
- Healthcare IT Outsourcing Market - Global Forecast To 2018
- Turkey Ophthalmic Devices Investment Opportunities, Analysis and Forecasts to 2018
- Egypt Ophthalmic Devices Investment Opportunities, Analysis and Forecasts to 2018
- Ireland Ophthalmic Devices Investment Opportunities, Analysis and Forecasts to 2018
- Norway Ophthalmic Devices Investment Opportunities, Analysis and Forecasts to 2018
- Poland Ophthalmic Devices Investment Opportunities, Analysis and Forecasts to 2018
- Hungary Ophthalmic Devices Investment Opportunities, Analysis and Forecasts to 2018
- Greece Ophthalmic Devices Investment Opportunities, Analysis and Forecasts to 2018
Copyright © 2005-2014 - SBWire, The Small Business Newswire - All Rights Reserved - Important Disclaimer
Contact Us: 888-4-SBWIRE (US) - 920-593-5640 (International)