Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 07/03/2012 -- As the effects of full market opening in the European gas sector become more pronounced, the role of traded wholesale gas markets will grow in importance. Both established and new entrant players in markets at all stages of wholesale liquidity development will increasingly be impacted by the existence, and development, of wholesale markets in their retail operations.
- Insight into developments in Europe's major gas hubs through analysis of churn levels.
- Overview of recent events and major players, with a particular focus on the Dutch, Italian, and Spanish markets.
- Summarizes the development of the Nabucco pipeline.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
In the Netherlands, the expected trend is increasing demand and a greater diversification of supply of natural gas through pipelines, storage facilities, and LNG. Due to government intervention, Datamonitor expects trade volumes on the TTF to increase on a par with the Zeebrugge Hub, making it one of the largest in Europe.
Italy's PSV and Spain's Centro de Gravedad hubs remain at an early stage of development with limited liquidity. While attempts to build a single Iberian gas market (MIBGAS) are still under way, Datamonitor notes more encouraging progress in inter-regional co-operation through the South Gas Regional Initiative between Spain, Portugal, and France.
European gas markets are in a highly segmented state and gas cannot easily flow across European borders. On the production front, there remain a limited number production sources (Russia, Algeria, Norway, the UK, and the Netherlands, along with LNG shipments). New entrants are often discouraged by long-term take-or-pay contracts.
Reasons to Get this Report
- What are the most liquid gas markets in Europe?
- How has the Netherlands' TTF evolved and why?
- How far along is Europe in achieving a competitive pan-European gas market?
- What does a liquid market look like?
- What has happened to Nabucco?
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Energy research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- European Gas Limited (EPG) - Oil & Gas - Deals and Alliances Profile
- Central European Gas Hub AG - Oil & Gas - Deals and Alliances Profile
- North European Oil Royalty Trust Oil & Gas Exploration and Production Operations and Cost Analysis - 2011
- European Utilities Insight 2012
- Europe Striving Towards Diversifying Natural Gas Sources - Implications for Russian Gas Exports and Gas Producers from Middle East and North Africa
- European Utility Companies Leverage on Increased Global Gas Availability to Renegotiate Oil Linked Gas Contracts with Russia
- Gas Shales in Europe, 2011 - Market Analysis, Industry Development and Competitive Landscape
- Utilities Trends to Watch 2012 - Companies and Markets
- Oil and Gas Storage Industry to 2015 - Cost Reduction Strategies in the Form of Storage Facility Sharing to Boost the Market
- Wholesale Gas Price Dataset (April 2012)