Williamstown, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 04/03/2012 -- In an environment of climate change policies, government support mechanisms, and renewable energy targets, Europe's power market will see rising supplies from wind power. Despite wind power being a mature technology in Europe, it is expected to remain a significant source for electricity generation between 2010 and 2050.
- A comprehensive analysis of the European wind power industry. The report analyzes the key drivers behind the growth of wind energy capacity.
- The report places Europe's wind power industry in a global context.
- The report makes conclusions about increasing the size of turbines and the trend towards offshore installations.
Globally, Europe continues to house the largest wind power capacity in terms of number of installations, with Germany and Spain promising to be future growth markets.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Demand for wind power capacity is partly driven by the need for compliance with EU renewable energy targets. Attractive geographical advantages and tariff mechanisms offered by some East European nations provide immense scope for utilities and original equipment manufacturers to participate in wind power development in Europe.
The construction of newer, larger, and more sophisticated wind turbines for use on land and offshore will remain an ongoing trend in Europe through to 2050. With turbines growing bigger in terms of capacity, the generation of the same amount of energy can be achieved with fewer machines.
Reasons to Get this Report:
- What is the regulatory structure under which the European wind industry is developing?
- What is the size of Europe's installed wind energy capacity and its position in a global context?
- What are the factors driving or inhibiting the growth of wind energy in Europe?
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Energy research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- DONG Energy A/S - Power Plants and SWOT Analysis, 2011 Update
- SSE plc (SSE) - Power - Deals and Alliances Profile
- SSE plc (SSE) - Alternative Energy - Deals and Alliances Profile
- Western Wind Energy Corp. (WND) - Alternative Energy - Deals and Alliances Profile
- European Wind Farms AS - Alternative Energy - Deals and Alliances Profile
- Siemens AG (SIE) - Alternative Energy - Deals and Alliances Profile
- General Electric Company (GE) - Alternative Energy - Deals and Alliances Profile
- Siemens AG (SIE) - Clean Technology - Deals and Alliances Profile
- European Energy AS - Alternative Energy - Deals and Alliances Profile
- Siemens AG (SIE) - Power - Deals and Alliances Profile