New Food market report from Markets and Markets: "Food Enzymes Market By Types (Carbohydrase, Protease, Lipase), Applications (Beverages, Dairy, Bakery), Sources (Microorganisms, Plants, Animals) & Geography - Global Trends & Forecasts To 2018"
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 07/25/2013 -- Food enzymes act as highly selective catalyst and function in the metabolic reactions and in the inter conversion of complex molecules to smaller ones. Enzymes form an integral part of the global food additives industry. These are primarily involved in conversion of carbohydrate to carbohydrase, protein to protease, and lipid to lipase. Food enzymes such as carbohydrase, protease, and lipase have anti-staling, digestive, and softening properties, which increase the shelf life of foods. The advent of many such versatile functions has escalated their usage in application-specific ingredients and new upscale end-use products.
Carbohydrase has diverse applications within the food industry, making it the largest type of food enzyme, accounting for almost 70% of the market. Protease and lipase both have their major application in dairy sector. They are mainly produced from microbial sources because of lower production cost and higher productivity. Comparatively, plants and animal are the depleting source of enzymes. U.S. is one of the largest players in foods enzymes business due to excessive demand for processed food products, followed by China. In Europe, Western Europe represents one of the largest markets of the increased consumption of processed food.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
This research report provides a comprehensive analysis of the global market, which is witnessing faster growth on account of its diverse applications in the beverages, bakery and confectionaries, processed foods, and dairy products. This market was examined in terms of value on regional and country level. The changing trends in the consumption of food enzymes reflect the increased product penetration and purchasing power of the global population in the emerging economies, as well as the shift towards exotic and novel flavors in the developed nations. The market is predicted to continue flourishing in both developing and developed regions. The growth is also attributed to the growing demands for healthy and nutritious processed foods.
This report also describes the major players in this business across the globe. The regions covered include North America (U.S., Canada, Mexico), Europe (U.K., Germany, France, Italy, Spain), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India), and Rest of the World (South Africa and Brazil). The growth strategies of market players have been identified and analyzed. The manufacturers are keenly aware of the emerging Asian and Latin American markets as potential drivers of the food enzymes business. Novozymes (Denmark) is the key player and accounts for little over two-fifth of the global market. DSM (The Netherlands) and DuPont (U.S.) are the competitive companies which together account for almost one-third of the market. Chr. Hansen (Denmark) is also one of the largest players in food enzymes market.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Food research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Feed Enzyme Market By Type (Phytase, Protease & NSP), Sub-Type (Xylanase, Cellulase, Pectinase, a-glucanase & Mannase), & Application (Swine, Poultry, Ruminant, Aqua Feed & Others)-Global Trends & Forecasts to 2018
- Acidulants Market: Global Trends and Forecasts up to 2018
- Gluten-Free Products Market By Type (Bakery & Confectionery, Snacks, Breakfast Cereals, Baking Mixes & Flour, Meat & Poultry Products), Sales Channel (Natural & Conventional) & Geography - Global Trends & Forecasts To 2018
- Cold Chain Market for Food Industry (With a focus on 3PL Service Providers) By Types, Product Types, Applications & Geography: Global Trends & Forecasts to 2017
- Probiotics Market By Products (Functional Foods, Dietary Supplements, Specialty Nutrients, Animal Feed), Applications (Regular, Therapeutic, Preventive Health Care) & Ingredients (Lactobacilli, Bifidobacteria, Yeast)
- Global Yeast Market By Types, Applications, & Geography - Trends & Forecasts (2011 - 2016)
- Food Preservatives Market - Industry Analysis and Global Forecasts (2011-2016)
- Dietary Fiber Market, by Product Type (Conventional/Novel & Soluble/Insoluble) & Application (Food & Pharmaceuticals) - Global Trends & Forecasts to 2017
- Global Natural Colors and Flavors Market by Types, Applications and Geography: Forecasts up to 2017
- Aqua Feed Market By End Consumption (Fish, Crustaceans, Mollusks, Others), By Additives, (Antibiotics, Vitamins, Antioxidants, Amino Acids, Feed Enzymes, Feed Acidifiers, Others), By Geography: Global Trends & Forecasts To 2018