New Business market report from Business Monitor International: "France Real Estate Report Q1 2014"
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 03/21/2014 -- The prospects for France's commercial real estate sector are improving going into Q114 as the economy slowly starts to find its way back to growth. Direct investment in the property market grew significantly on a year-on-year (y-o-y) basis in Q313, reflecting growing international recognition of the market as a safe-haven amid continued uncertainty surrounding the global economic outlook. In Q114, we are forecasting rental rates to remain stable across the three sectors we cover of office, retail and industrial. Yields are also expected to remain fixed at currently levels, reflecting a relatively balanced supply-demand dynamic across the market.
With a focus on the country's principal cities of Paris, Marseille and Nice, the Q114 France Real Estate report covers rental market performance in terms of rates and yields across the commercial office, retail and industrial sectors. We expect the most positive impact to be seen across the retail sub-sector, which will benefit from a continued improvement in consumer spending and robust tourist numbers. France is also benefiting from improving external demand, with export growth of 5% forecast for 2014 and expected to drive growth in the industrial real estate market over the year as a whole.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
- UK developer Hammerson has announced that it is planning to expand its retail property investments in France. The firm is planning to acquire new retail assets, including a shopping mall near the Eiffel Tower in Paris, as well as extend some of its existing shopping centres in the country.
- European financial services group Catella has announced plans to set up a property asset management business in France in early 2014. The business will be led by Francois Brisset, former managing director and co-founder of DTZ Asset Management, and will focus on investment, asset and property management on behalf of investors from France and other countries.
- Property company Primonial REIM has bought an office complex in France from AXA Real Estate for EUR46.7mn (US$64.23mn). The Alpha office complex has a gross lettable area of 7,638 square metres and is fully leased on a nine-year contract.
- US-based real estate services firm Cushman & Wakefield has said the cost of retail space along Avenue des Champs Elysees in Paris is on the rise. According to the company, the improving fortunes of the district have been driven largely by international tourism. It was noted that annual rents along Champs Elysees, which connects Arc de Triomphe with Place de la Concorde, are currently averaging US$17,770 per square metre.
Key BMI Forecasts
- Rental rates are forecast to remain stable across each of the office, retail and industrial real estate segments during the October 2013- March 2014 period. Rents will remain fixed at current levels at both the minimum and maximum end of the market.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Business research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Russia Real Estate Report Q1 2014
- United Arab Emirates Real Estate Report Q1 2014
- United States Real Estate Report Q1 2014
- Philippines Real Estate Report Q1 2014
- Czech Republic Real Estate Report Q1 2014
- Greece Real Estate Report Q1 2014
- Mexico Real Estate Report Q1 2014
- Slovakia Real Estate Report Q1 2014
- Taiwan Real Estate Report Q1 2014
- United Kingdom Real Estate Report Q1 2014