Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 04/03/2014 -- Health Insurance Exchange (HIX) IT Market by Type (Public, & Private Exchanges), Phase (Implementation, QA, Operations), Component (Services, Software, Hardware), End User (Government Agencies, TPAs, Health Plans) - Trends & Global Forecasts to 2018
The global HIX ITmarket is valued at an estimated $1,609 million in 2013 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 10.5% in the next five years.
The global HIX IT market is mainly categorized by exchange type, phase, component, and end user. Private exchanges are expected to register the fastest growth rate among the HIX market by exchange type during the forecast period.Their favorable growth is attributed to the increasing shift of big employers such as Walgreen and Time Warner towards private exchanges to reduce health benefits administration costs and provide their employees with multiple plan options as per their requirements. Within private exchanges, multi-carrier exchanges primarily sponsored by third-party administrators such as brokers or benefits consultantsare expected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period.
The other high-growth market segments in the HIX IT market include the operations and maintenance segment which is expected to growat a highest CAGR during the forecast period. The factors contributing to its growth include ongoing operation cost forpublic as well as private exchanges post its implementation. The HIX servicesmarket is also projected to register a double-digit growth in the next five years, driven by the shift toward cloud-based services.
The U.S. shows the greatest market potential in the near future. However, countries such as Japan, China, India, and Philippines are expected to offer potential growth opportunities to HIX stakeholders. In Japan, various favorable government initiatives are focusing on strengthening healthcare services such as the e-Japan policy, new IT reform strategy, and iJApan Strategy 2015. The healthcare IT expenditure in China grew from $135 billion in 2006 to $250 billion in 2010. In addition, the Indian government annually spends approximately 5% of its GDP on the healthcare sector and has approved 100% foreign direct investment (FDI)for setting up hospitals in India since 2000. Also, it is among the leading IT outsourcing destinations. All the above mentioned factors contribute to the potential growth opportunity of the HIX market.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Healthcare research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Health Information Exchange (HIE) Market - Global Trends & Forecast to 2018
- Wireless Health Market (WLAN, WMAN, WPAN, Sensors, Smartphone's, Tablet PC, Mobile APPS) - Global Trends, Opportunities, Competitive Landscape & Forecasts (2013 - 2018)
- Healthcare IT Outsourcing Market - Global Forecast To 2018
- Personal Accident and Health Insurance in the United Kingdom, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Personal Accident and Health Insurance in Germany, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Personal Accident and Health Insurance in Japan, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Personal Accident and Health Insurance in Italy, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Personal Accident and Health Insurance in the the US, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- The Insurance Industry in Armenia, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2018
- Personal Accident and Health Insurance in France, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017