New Consumer Goods research report from Business Monitor International is now available from Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 01/03/2014 -- There is medium-term growth potential in the Hungarian consumer electronics market as a result of relatively low device penetration in the smartphone and tablet device categories. As device prices continue to decline with competition from East Asia producers, and incomes rise, we expect strong growth in sales. Another area in which we expect to see medium term growth is the hybrid/convertible market as vendors innovate in product designs. The short-term outlook is less positive, and we forecast only moderate growth as spending remains constrained by the weak economic environment. Fiscal austerity, tighter credit conditions, a still overhang of debt and elevated unemployment levels all pose major challenges to households and are keeping confidence levels low.
Headline Expenditure Projections
- Computer Hardware Sales: US$1.15bn in 2012 to US$1.21bn in 2013, an increase of 5.1%. Although unit growth remains strong, competition from low-cost Android tablets is putting downward pressure on prices across the market and limiting increases in market value.
- AV Sales: US$789mn in 2012 to US$816mn in 2013, +3.4% in US dollar terms. Penetration of digital TV is driving demand for flat-screen TV sets as consumers upgrade to take advantage of new services.
- Handset Sales: US$355mn in 2012 to US$395mn in 2013, +11.3% in US dollar terms. The declining price of smartphones, particularly in the Android ecosystem, is sustaining sales growth. Operator subsidies are also helping to support market growth despite the constraints on Hungarian consumers.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Key Trends And Developments
The handset market is the most dynamic segment of the Hungarian consumer electronics market. Although total volume growth is lacklustre due to the maturity of the market and the fact replacement cycles have remained steady, the value of the market is increasing as smartphones account for a greater share of total handset sales. Smartphone penetration crossed 30% in H113, with devices running Google's Android OS key to increasing sales as price competition between a range of vendors has deepened the market in price sensitive Hungary. In H213 and 2014 there could however be a shift as Windows becomes an increasingly viable third ecosystem. Nokia has the potential to leverage its legacy brand strength in Hungary as Windows grows in popularity, providing serious competition to the leading Android vendor - Samsung -which has dominated the market in recent years after overtaking Nokia as the market transitioned to smartphones.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Consumer Goods research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Chile Consumer Electronics Report Q1 2014
- Turkey Consumer Electronics Report Q1 2014
- Indonesia Consumer Electronics Report Q1 2014
- Czech Republic Consumer Electronics Report Q1 2014
- Peru Consumer Electronics Report Q1 2014
- China Consumer Electronics Report Q1 2014
- Serbia Consumer Electronics Report Q1 2014
- Bulgaria Consumer Electronics Report Q1 2014
- Oman Consumer Electronics Report Q1 2014
- Bahrain Consumer Electronics Report Q1 2014
Copyright © 2005-2014 - SBWire, The Small Business Newswire - All Rights Reserved - Important Disclaimer
Contact Us: 888-4-SBWIRE (US) - 920-593-5640 (International)