Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 05/29/2012 -- Running smoothly: Efficiency upgrades and smaller plants will boost performance
Although hydroelectricity is a renewable energy source and perceived as environmentally friendly, establishing a new hydroelectric facility has been difficult for industry players because of stringent state and federal regulations and a lack of suitable locations. Furthermore, the recession caused financing for large projects to dry up and, in turn, made it hard for industry firms to break ground. Industry players have remained busy, though. Plans for upgrades are already in the works, and industry players are seeking to upgrade facilities as electricity demand climbs and the water keeps flowing.
Firms in this industry operate facilities that use water to generate hydroelectric and renewable electricity (other than wind power and solar power). Industry players also use renewable energy sources including wood, municipal waste, landfill gas, biomass and geothermal energy to generate electricity.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
This report covers the scope, size, disposition and growth of the industry including the key sensitivities and success factors. Also included are five year industry forecasts, growth rates and an analysis of the industry key players and their market shares.
Companies Mentioned in this Report: US Army Corps of Engineers, Bureau of Reclamation, Power Authority of the State of New York
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Energy research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Banco Nacional de Desenvolvimento Economico e Social
- NHPC Limited (533098) - Alternative Energy - Deals and Alliances Profile
- Power Finance Corporation Ltd. (532810) - Clean Technology - Deals and Alliances Profile
- Brookfield Renewable Power Inc. - Alternative Energy - Deals and Alliances Profile
- China Hydroelectric Corporation (CHC) - Alternative Energy - Deals and Alliances Profile
- Endesa, S.A. (ELE) - Power - Deals and Alliances Profile
- Alaska Energy Authority - Alternative Energy - Deals and Alliances Profile
- PPL Corporation (PPL) - Power - Deals and Alliances Profile
- Enel SpA (ENEL) - Power - Deals and Alliances Profile
- Korea Electric Power Corporation (015760) - Power - Deals and Alliances Profile